Troubles with replacement 622

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
I just got my 622 replaced and now I'm having a very weird problem with it: About every other day or so, the TV2 video output goes; when I press buttons on the remote I see the display on the screen, and I hear the audio from the channel, but not video. A simple reboot solves the issue, but it gets pretty old after a while. Any suggestions?

Seems like some bad luck. Have you contacted Technical support? Might need another one.

Did you have problems with video 2 on your first one?

Just got a replacement 622 to replace a malfunctioning one and it is doing the very same thing that you are talking about. Just before it reboots, there is a pixelation and the tv makes a shrill high pitched noise like I remember happening years ago with Dish in bad weather. Just a note that the replacement receiver was def refurbished. I called Dish and the tech guy laughed because he thought it was funny my replacement would be problematic too. Ha Ha real funny!

I just got a replacement 622 sent out to me. Instead of something, let’s say, NEW, I got something with an entirely new set of problems. BTW, the replacements aren't NEW! They are refurbished CRAP. I sat on the phone with tech support for 6 hours today to attempt to fix the replacement's problems until I finally said, SCREW IT. I'm going back to the original. At least the original is new and I fixed the problem myself.

I have a VOIP line and as most people in here know, the 622 sometimes does not work on that type of line. Mine did not, so instead of telling me how to fix it, they sent me out a replacement!

After two minutes in here I found the ANSWER!!!!! *99 prefix and now I'm set. As for the replacement, it’s going back. As for my entire day wasted? I will not get that back.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)