True CONUS Locals

navigates

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Los Angeles
Hi all. Which state has Locals on CONUS beam. Not Distants or Spotbeam.
I'm on 72.7, 61.5 and 118.
Do Washington DC Locals come in on the CONUS beam?

If any locals are CONUS (outside of the DNS markets), it probably won't last long. On 61.5W, I recall the only CONUS being HD LIL from West Palm and Sherman-Ada Oklahoma.

St. Louis and Pittsburgh are the only HD markets on 118.7W.

Washington DC is spot beam.

I can get 72.7 and 61.5 on the EA dish. I cannot get a decent lock on 77 at all. I'll try to peak it once more with superbuddy. I'm in the west coast.

Why aren't you guys looking at 61.5? It has ten markets on conus transponders, which is 6 more than there were the last time I looked: SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - DISH Network 61.5°W

Lake Charles, LA on TP2
Springfield, MA on TP16
Wilkes Barr, MA on TP17 and TP32
Traverse City, MI also on TP17 and TP32
Rochester, NY on TP 19
Pittsburgh, PA on TP20
Monroe, LA on TP 22
Charleston, WV on TP 26
Macon, GA on TP 27
Bangor, ME on TP32

I imagine these will stay there until the next spotbeam satellite arrives at 61.5.

Why aren't you guys looking at 61.5? It has ten markets on conus transponders, which is 6 more than there were the last time I looked: SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - DISH Network 61.5°W

Lake Charles, LA on TP2
Springfield, MA on TP16
Wilkes Barr, MA on TP17 and TP32
Traverse City, MI also on TP17 and TP32
Rochester, NY on TP 19
Pittsburgh, PA on TP20
Monroe, LA on TP 22
Charleston, WV on TP 26
Macon, GA on TP 27
Bangor, ME on TP32

I imagine these will stay there until the next spotbeam satellite arrives at 61.5.
Yep, up until a day or two ago, they were on 77, which is probably why no one thought to look at 61.5.

They are on a CONUS transponder. They are technically only available to the markets to which they are apart of but if you "moved" you could get them if thats what you are trying to accomplish

They are on a CONUS transponder. They are technically only available to the markets to which they are apart of but if you "moved" you could get them if thats what you are trying to accomplish

Thanks for the clarification. I would technically like to have moved to any of the following states to get Locals. I can move to NYC (Spot 61.5) or Jacksonville (77). The following on 61.5 would be apt but the 'technical move isin't.

Rochester, NY on TP 19
Pittsburgh, PA on TP20

My trusted AI Turbo will help me with those loose connections. :p. Now that's been sitting in the closet ever since I put up the eastern arc myself.
Now I hope a few CONUS remain on 77.

I said it before. Bandwidth is limited. So, I get annoyed seeing CONUS locals. When these threads pop up over missing HD National channels, one of the bandwidth wasters is these locals. Sorry you don't get specific nets in HD. I don't get some either! I get more than some and less than others. But I would rather be mad not getting PBS in HD than see a national feed not get uplinked due to room so that the PBS could be on CONUS.

I said it before. Bandwidth is limited. So, I get annoyed seeing CONUS locals. When these threads pop up over missing HD National channels, one of the bandwidth wasters is these locals. Sorry you don't get specific nets in HD. I don't get some either! I get more than some and less than others. But I would rather be mad not getting PBS in HD than see a national feed not get uplinked due to room so that the PBS could be on CONUS.

Some of us are not fortunate to catch our locals hence depend on conus locals. Imagine not having ABC CBS NBC.. now that wouldn't be nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts