true south bird

Status
Please reply by conversation.

red2grass

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
SF Bay Area
My longitude is 121.87. Can I use Galaxy 10R at 123 as the true south bird to install a motor? There is no bird at 122 and 121 does not have any clear KU channels according to lyngsat.
If I don't have a true south sat, is it still possible to install a DisEqC 1.2 motor with my existing DisEqc 1.2 receiver?
I bought the motor a couple of years ago but was afraid to install it so it is sitting in my garage right now. I read Peter's excellent description about the new USALS and his high marks on FORTEC STAR LIFETIME CLASSIC receiver. I am thinking about buying the new FORTEC receiver with USALS. But my quetion is this: Will the new FORTEC receiver with USALS work with a DisEqC 1.2 motor?
Thanks in advance.

Sure you can- there's another thread on here about that very thing. The man who sells them even verified it-it doesn't have to be your exact true south sat, just set up your receiver with the proper info on your lat/long , let the motor try to find the satellite you want, then tweak as necessary to get the best signal.
edit : HERES THE THREAD=Post 15
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/118910-motor-sat.html

You can use 121 or 123 as your true south, on 121 there should be one free channel saying that you are pointing at that satellite, you can even use an encrypted channel for pointing purposes since it will help you identify a satellite.

On the 121 satellite: 12074 V 20000 has the free "You are pointing at" channel, check TheList for more information.

I read through the other tread "mot-sat" and it seems USALS makes it a lot easier. I understand the receiver has to support USALS and I'll buy a new one, but is there such thing as USALS motor? I have a 3-year old HH motor that I have never used. It says DisEqc 1.2 but not USALS. Will it work with a USALS receiver?

USALS is a function of the receiver (also called Go to X and Diseqc 1.3) not the motor

As long as the receiver can support it, you're OK. My SG2100 motor is 4 years old and works on USALS great

Thanks Iceberg. I guessed it right but wanted to make sure before I buy a new receiver. I was lazy and worried about the complexity of motor back then. Now with this new USALS, I am quite confident to get it work quickly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts