true south satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
My coordinates are 19.48'23N 73.22'25 W.

I'm trying to point using a Cband lnb using my fta receiver, but also would like to use a supper buddy. I'm just not sure what sat or frequency i should aim for?

Thanks

Look at 72 west and the CW stations if you can grab s2 transmissions. How big is your dish? Is it solid or mesh? What is the model of the receiver? Which lnb are you using?

You need to give people something to work with if you need advice.

The only 24/7 tp on 72W is DVB-S2, which neither the fortec or the super buddy do. If you're in the 70W footprint, that might work, if there's something active. I'm way too far away to see it. In the other direction is 78W @ 3888 V 23000 which is DVB-S and may have signal in your location.

But at 70 west, your location longitude is almost four degrees off of 70 west.

Just as an example, I know my dish has about fifteen "clicks" per degree. So if I were in your situation with my dish, I would get zenith (dish at its highest point) and then do about 55 clicks East. Then I would move the dish around and up and down by hand only to find the strong transponders and channels on 70 west. You didn't say what kind of dish mover you have. Your number of clicks per degree could be a lot different from my number of fifteen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts