Truthful information

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonoguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
This post is a little long, so bear with me. I have DirecTV SD, I would like to have HD but I was told where my dish is located presently, the HD dish could not recieve the satellites needed to receive the HD channels. This is due to 2 tress that are blocking the signal.

I was told that the two satellites that couldn't be received were the 110 & 119 satellites. Now I understand that only the 99 & 103 satellites are needed to receive HD. If this is indeed the truth, I may be able to receive those 2 birds.

Please can some one inform me of the correct information?

This post is a little long, so bear with me. I have DirecTV SD, I would like to have HD but I was told where my dish is located presently, the HD dish could not recieve the satellites needed to receive the HD channels. This is due to 2 tress that are blocking the signal.

I was told that the two satellites that couldn't be received were the 110 & 119 satellites. Now I understand that only the 99 & 103 satellites are needed to receive HD. If this is indeed the truth, I may be able to receive those 2 birds.

Please can some one inform me of the correct information?

Eventually all HD will be moved to 99 and 103, right now, all your MPEG4 stuff is on the new sats ... there were last time I checked a few HD channels still on the 110, don't know if the 119 ever had HD from D* on it.

Jimbo

The only thing that is on 110 and 119 that isn't on 99 or 103 is spanish language programming and locals in certain markets. ALL national HD content is on 99 and 103. A few channels are on 110 and 119, but they are duplicates and will be removed very soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts