Trying to aim a slimline 5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TBarnes

Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
New York
I need some help trying to get all the birds. I have 101, 110, 119 fine. I get a zero reading for transponders on both 99(c) and 99(s) as well as 103 (s) and 103 (cb). I DO receive signals from 103 (ca). I tried fine tuning he dish (AZ and EL) and no improvement. In fact, I then lose the others. What am I missing? HELP !!!

PS... I have a slimline 5... no SWM... it's set on multi-switch... only one coax coming from dish

what receiver model?
Is it a SWM setup or non-Swm?
If a non SWM do you have the BBC adapter added to each tuner? <-----no BBC on a non SWM setup equals what you're describing

So I added the B-Band Converter and that gets me the missing HD channels. But now I have lost a few that I had without it. I tried re-aiming the dish but that didn't seem to help. For example, I get DISW without the BBC, but lose the signal when I add the BBC.

Any thoughts on this?

So I added the B-Band Converter and that gets me the missing HD channels. But now I have lost a few that I had without it. I tried re-aiming the dish but that didn't seem to help. For example, I get DISW without the BBC, but lose the signal when I add the BBC.

Any thoughts on this?

What are your signal strengths running at ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)