Trying to aim my dish..help needed

lorimay7

Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
I am a Sky Angel subscriber now going to Dish and I need a bit of help please. I already have my Dish500 and called Dish to have them activate me for service...I have called to have someone come out Thursday to reposition my dish and set the settings because I thought it would be easier than me doing it. Well, I would like to maybe give it a shot myself first to see if I can do it before they come. I have been reading the set-up manual and want to know what transponder I should have set with each satellite 110 and 119. I'm not sure I can get this to work myself but it seems I'm missing that info. Any help would be appreciated. I was hoping this would be simple since I was able to set this up when I got Sky Angel. It's just been a while and i don't remember it all.

Thanks,
Lori

Go to menu 6,1,1 and put in your zip code. Then make sure it says Dish 500. Next, go to satellite 119 Transponder 11. You should see azimuth, elevation, and skew settings. Set the skew on your dish using the bolts that allow you to rotate the dish like a steering wheel. Then, set the elevation, this is how high the dish points. Lastly, you'll pan the dish towards the South. As you get near to where you should point, go real slow like 1 inch every 2 seconds. It is easiest to have a cellphone and a helper inside on the home phone to watch the signal. Another easy trick is to use a set of baby monitors and just listen to the receiver like its a baby while you tune the dish. It'll take a second's hesitation for the receiver to lock on the signal, so go nice and slow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)