Trying to align Slimline dish to get all 5 sats from DirectTv myself.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

steve060562

Original poster
May 19, 2009
Miami
I am trying to get all five DirectTv sats with my Slimline dish but can only get 101, 110 and 119. On-screen menu only recognizes oval, 2-lnb and 3-lnb dish when I know I have a 5-lnb hooked up. Receiver unit is a sub but NOT on the correct address... Any suggestions?

What model receiver are you using?

My guess is that your receiver is not MPEG4 capable, thus it won't recognize the 99 and 103 sats.

5lnb

do u have a b band convert attatched ? i do believe it is necessary for the 103 and 99 sat sigs .

I was keying on the fact that the OP said that there was no choice for the 5LNB dish in setup. Therefore, his receiver isn't capable of MPEG4 reception. So, we need his answer to that question.

5-LNB Slimline Dish.

Thanks guys for your feedback. I don't have the receiver in question here to check model number but I will swap it with a newer model and will advise of results. It makes perfect sense as the receiver connected is an older model so you are probably right, it will not recognize a 5-LNB dish (MPEG4) and the newer HD sats. Again thanks for your valuable inputs.

Since the receiver you do have does see 101, 110, and 119 then you shouldn't have a problem with the new receiver. Other than maybe fine tuning of signal strength.

Status
Please reply by conversation.