Trying to change dish setting on DirecTV standard box, few other questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

1991SSP

Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
US
Newbie here guys, looking for some help. Here is a run down of what I am looking at:

I had a new system installed, I got a HD with DVR in the main room, HD box in the bedroom. A standard box for another bedroom and garage. My sister's place at one time had directv, I was going to let her borrow the box for the garage for awhile since it will be rarely used. She has a 18 inch dish with 3 lnb. My new system is the Swim system that has the slimline dish.

I took the standard box to her house, just says searching for singnal. I brought the box back to my house and it will not let me change any of the dish settings at all. I can get to the screen that shows the box is programmed for my current dish and shows it set to the swim. I can scroll up and down the menu but it will not scroll over and highlight the dish settings. Anyone give me the heads up on how to get around this???

Thanks in advance!

Newbie here guys, looking for some help. Here is a run down of what I am looking at:

I had a new system installed, I got a HD with DVR in the main room, HD box in the bedroom. A standard box for another bedroom and garage. My sister's place at one time had directv, I was going to let her borrow the box for the garage for awhile since it will be rarely used. She has a 18 inch dish with 3 lnb. My new system is the Swim system that has the slimline dish.

I took the standard box to her house, just says searching for singnal. I brought the box back to my house and it will not let me change any of the dish settings at all. I can get to the screen that shows the box is programmed for my current dish and shows it set to the swim. I can scroll up and down the menu but it will not scroll over and highlight the dish settings. Anyone give me the heads up on how to get around this???

Thanks in advance!

You will not be able to change the setting while it's hooked up to the SWiM set up as it looks for the Power Inserter and once it sees it, it locks it down.

You'll need to disconnect the sat feed from the box and then go into the Sat set up and reset it.
IF you hook it back up to the SWiM it will see the PI again and go back to the SWiM, so once you have it back to the one you need, don't hook it up till you get out there.
You should be able to highlight the Dish Settings and the drop down box will allow you to change it.

Thanks Jimbo!!! She will be thrilled!!! I am thrilled that I will be able to take a box to the lake with me as well!!

Thanks Jimbo!!! She will be thrilled!!! I am thrilled that I will be able to take a box to the lake with me as well!!

You may need to do a hard reset, make SURE that when you try to set up the box that you go thru the Repeat Sat Set Up when you have it hooked up to the new dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)