Trying to get newer equipment without 2 year commitment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sharpie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
I have been a customer with Directv over 12 years now. I haven't had a 2 year commitment for a long, long time and really don't want one now. My HD receivers are all H20's and I want newer receivers. But, to get that I have to commit to a contract. I have the protection plan if that matters. I have been pretty happy with Directv and they really have reduced my bill when I ask because of the loyalty (for those who care, they take $45 off my bill every month :D). If one of my current receivers fails due they replace it with the same model? Thanks. Long time no posts but always check this site daily.

If it fails they will replace it with like equipment, but the H20 isn't being used much anymore. You wouldn't get another one as a replacement. Why do you want newer receivers? The H20, when it isn't overheating, is as good as any other box. In fact, since it has an ota tuner, many would say that it's better.

If a receiver fails, it gets replaced with the same type... in your case an HD receiver. There is no way for the CSR's to select a model.
If your H20's are working, why do you want to replace them? They have the same features as other HD receivers.
The only differences are:
H23: Built in B-Band Converter
H24: Built in DECA
H25: Built in DECA

I guess I thought newer was better. Looks like I will not press the issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts