Trying to get NFL Network

destrada

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Lockhart, TX
I have Dish. My friend has Time Warner, hence no NFL Network. He's having a Christmas party tonight and we want to watch the Cowboys/Saints game.

I have an extra Dish 500 with no LNB. I took the LNB off my wing satellite and put it on the extra dish and took my 612 over to set up something temporary just for tonight's game. I had a lot of trouble finding the 119 signal.

My set up was like this: ran a single coax from the single LNB on a 'Y' bracket to the tuner 1 input of the receiver. The skew is set to 90, so as to "act" like a Dish 300. For my area, elevation is 48 and azimuth is 210. Got a compass to find the general area of 210 and began to rotate back and forth slowly. Had the point dish screen to 119 with transponder 11 on and couldn't find anything. I double checked to make sure mast was level and checked all other settings as well.

Do I need to run a check switch? Am I wrong to assume this would work? Do I need to treat the dish as a 500 without the 110 LNB? Where am I going wrong?

Do I need to run a check switch? Am I wrong to assume this would work? Do I need to treat the dish as a 500 without the 110 LNB? Where am I going wrong?

Yes, run the check switch before you hook up any coax.
Using a Y bracket, you will need the skew set as if using a 500 with both LNB's attached.

Always run a check switch first to clear the existing setup

dahenny...since he is only trying for 119 only he doesnt need to skew the dish

Left/right aim will be off by ~5 degrees, skew is irrelevant for 1 satellite, set it to 90 or midpoint.

Thank you everyone for all the information. Christmas party was a success in big part of "the guy that got us the game"(me), found the signal no problem, everyone happy. Thanks again.

With a Y bracket, the lnb won't be centered though...right?

true but also if he skews it then the elevation setting is for 114.5 (1/2 way between)

If he sets the skew at 90 then what dishpointer sites show for 119 elevation would be right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts