Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As of today the Cinemax for a Penny deal is no more on Dish Network. If you were lucky to get in on the deal congrats, but if you didn't get in then sorry as Dish is no longer offering the special anymore.

Will those of us who have it continue to get it indefinitely, or does it (can it) expire?

I'll turn AutoPay off and paperless billing off, and configure my bank account to mail them a check instead. No skin off my back, now they get to deal with the check again. I was more than glad to have a service I enjoyed while having the trade off of not having the comfort of getting a bill in the mail and being able to pay it myself, pull that and so do I. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Now I'm back in control of what you get paid and when.

As of today the Cinemax for a Penny deal is no more on Dish Network. If you were lucky to get in on the deal congrats, but if you didn't get in then sorry as Dish is no longer offering the special anymore.

I cancelled my Cinemax a few months ago to save money in hopes of making it to the six month window when I could get the deal.

Oh well.

I'll turn AutoPay off and paperless billing off, and configure my bank account to mail them a check instead. No skin off my back, now they get to deal with the check again. I was more than glad to have a service I enjoyed while having the trade off of not having the comfort of getting a bill in the mail and being able to pay it myself, pull that and so do I. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Now I'm back in control of what you get paid and when.

I agree, no benefit to me to have autopay anymore.

:up... will be doing the same

I get ebills from BofA and pay them with online bill pay before the due date. I hate paper bills and love that I get the bill the day it is issued. Also I setup a separate email address for bills so it's easier to track.

I will turn off auto pay and cancel cinemax when the promo is over.

That I don't know at the moment, as I said this does not appear to be a move by Dish as they are scrambling for answers on what to do, they did not expect this promo to end themselves.

Just for now, keep paying a penny until its not a penny anymore. ;)

+3?
Another sub here that will cancel autopay/paperless.:rant::up

Ed

So it was Time Warner?

My guess. For those that don't get it, Cinemax is owned by HBO, which is owned by Time Warner.

Maybe a sign of a new deal with Turner for TCM HD, HLN HD, and TruTV HD?

Anyway, I presume it will end when it expires for each sub? No second year for those of us that just had it one year?