Cinemax For a Penny

My question would be that it has to be a Dish deal and not a Cinemax deal as no one else ever had it. So if it is ending, how can it be a TW or Cinemax change? I'm confused...

I am a retailer and have heard no such news. We still advertise it and sign people up for it.

If this is true they better lets us know before we piss any customers off.

I paid the penny, and that's about what it was worth to us. I hope they auto-cancel it off my account when the time comes, and without a downgrade fee. But if they start charging the full freight without warning, I'll be peeved. And I'll cancel it. But I like autopay- had it before this offer.

I'll turn AutoPay off and paperless billing off, and configure my bank account to mail them a check instead. No skin off my back, now they get to deal with the check again. I was more than glad to have a service I enjoyed while having the trade off of not having the comfort of getting a bill in the mail and being able to pay it myself, pull that and so do I. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Now I'm back in control of what you get paid and when.

+1!!!!!

I am a retailer and have heard no such news. We still advertise it and sign people up for it.

There was an email that went out this afternoon about it.

No mention however as of yet on the Retailer website.

Hot dog! This was on my September 21, 2009 statement:

Here's the DISH...
Thank you for using credit card AutoPay with Paperless Billing
for your DISH Network account. As a token of our
appreciation, we have extended your Cinemax premium movie
channels for just a $.01 for one additional year. Thank you for
managing your account online!

But I will be canceling next September.

For whatever reason, dish sent my statement in the mail this month even though I had made no changes to my paperless billing thing. I went into my account and saw that it was set to "mail" so I changed it back, but I still had autopay on.

I'll keep autopay on. For some starange reason some of the credits I have on my account post after the statement period ends, so what gets charged to my cc is always lower then what's on the statement. No one can tell me why this is the case.

I saw ads for it all over the web this morning, which is a hell of a time since I never saw them at all before when it was available!

Hot dog! This was on my September 21, 2009 statement:

Here's the DISH...
Thank you for using credit card AutoPay with Paperless Billing
for your DISH Network account. As a token of our
appreciation, we have extended your Cinemax premium movie
channels for just a $.01 for one additional year. Thank you for
managing your account online!

But I will be canceling next September.

My bill says this every month.

Dish reneged on Cinemax for a penny

I haven't had dish for 3 or 4 years. I decided to sign up when my OTA analog channels went digital. I live at the bottom of a hill and get frequent drop outs, so when I found out about the Welcome Pack + Locals for $14.99/mo it seemed like a no-brainer.

I call and sign up. The person on the phone says that if I sign up for auto pay I'll get 5 Cinemax channels for year @ $.01. Sign me up! I give him my card number. Good to go! One problem, the yellow Dish card I have in my box isn't current, "we'll send you a new one! You'll get it in 3-5 days!"

"Cool!"

10 days later I get the Purple card in the mail. The box says 'call to activate'. OK. I call, activate, and no Cinemax. I told the guy on the phone that I didn't see any Cinemax as promised. He said I never bought it. I asked if I was set up for auto pay. He said yes. I said, "Then I did what was required. Give me the Cinemax please!"

"I can't. The promotion ended today."

"But I signed up 10 days ago!"

"There's no way for me to add it now. The promotion is over"

-> A little history. I had Dish at my old address and paid my $90/mo bill religiously for 5 years. When I moved they continued to bill me at my old address even though I was serviced at my new address. It took me over two months of billing to straighten the mess out, and that was done by canceling everything and signing up with Netflix.

It seems as though nothing has changed in the Dish billing department. I'm so glad the welcome pack is month to month as I fear my patience won't last.

:mad:

I'll turn AutoPay off and paperless billing off, and configure my bank account to mail them a check instead. No skin off my back, now they get to deal with the check again. I was more than glad to have a service I enjoyed while having the trade off of not having the comfort of getting a bill in the mail and being able to pay it myself, pull that and so do I. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Now I'm back in control of what you get paid and when.

Dats right.

The max penny offer doesn't renew after the promotion expires. So, when its done, Cinemax will be removed from your programming instead of reverted to normal billing like the 3mos free promotions.

As for the poster who's credit card charges are less than the statement amount: This is because the credits are posted after your bill is generated. The payment isn't processed until the due date which is usually 20 days after the bill is produced. DISH never processes a card for more than the amount owed on the account on the day the transaction is posted.

BTW here is the email that was sent to retailers today...

All

We were notified this morning that all sales of Cinemax for a Penny must stop. Some communication has gone out to the CSC on this topic already, however we are currently holding any Indirect Sales communications until we have the complete picture and direction for these channels. At this time, the offer is still in POET, API and RConnect and in lots of Marketing materials and the timeline and plan to remove it is still in progress. My team is working with all other business units to get the answers to these and other questions so that the official communication can be sent once and sent with all relevant information.

We will keep this distribution updated as we have more information.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)