Cinemax For a Penny

Yep, it shows up as a One Time charge on your bill. Really wish they could have held out another month for my renewal. :(

dishbill.JPG

I don't think any of that really matters. I'd be amazed if there isn't something in your initial agreement or the fine print on the Cinemax offer that allows Dish to suspend a promotion like this without waiting out a full year.

Aren't CYA clauses like that standard corporate practice nowadays?

I don't think any of that really matters. I'd be amazed if there isn't something in your initial agreement or the fine print on the Cinemax offer that allows Dish to suspend a promotion like this without waiting out a full year.

If they suspend without warning, they better prorate my penny! :p

Aren't CYA clauses like that standard corporate practice nowadays?
The annual cinemax for a penny promotion was an annual programming package, not a monthly one. Since DISH charges in advance, the $0.01 covers the entire year. Then again, I suppose they could revoke the promotion and refund people their penny.

Talk about a LOT of angry customers that will be created and perhaps switch providers if they revoke the promotion and refund the penny.

Nobody is loosing their Cinemax, the offer will just expire at the end of the year and that will be it.

As far as "New" customers, its still available "If" you ask for it, however the sales people cannot offer it to you as a closer anymore. This will end in January 31st when all the existing promotions expire!

The only people who are effected here are existing customers who want to add it to their account today.

The only thing you need to watch out for is to make sure your credit card is not declined, as it will remove Cinemax from the account and there is no way to re-add it to your account even if you update your credit card.

As far as not getting a benifit anymore for doing autopay with paperless billing... I should point out that, I never got the penny offer for Cinemax on my account anyways because I had the everything pack and they gave me the excuse that I was already getting a discount for Cinemax. No Problem, I simply requested that they start sending me paper bills in the mail while keeping autopay on my account.

If they are not going to give you a discount for giving them the ability and convience to have access to your credit card every month, make them spend the extra 42 cents, the cost of a few pieces of paper and an envelope to mail out a paper statement.

When DISH Network decides to give me a discount for auto-pay, then they can do paperless billing

Nobody is loosing their Cinemax, the offer will just expire at the end of the year and that will be it.

As far as "New" customers, its still available "If" you ask for it, however the sales people cannot offer it to you as a closer anymore. This will end in January 31st when all the existing promotions expire!

So does this mean they are still renewing it for those who currently have it? Mine renews in December so will I still have it for one more year?

If I had to guess the answer to that would be yes.

I know Dish has lots of ads going out that advertise Cinemax for a penny. They had no idea it was ending.

So perhaps Dish can convince one of the other premium move channel providers to replace Cinemax in the promotion...

Oh yeah, let's all drop autopay and send a check in monthly for a subscriber cost of $0.44 a month for postage. Petty, petty, petty..... It was a short term deal people. It cost you a penny for a whole year, or more. Get over it!

Oh yeah, let's all drop autopay and send a check in monthly for a subscriber cost of $0.44 a month for postage. Petty, petty, petty..... It was a short term deal people. It cost you a penny for a whole year, or more. Get over it!

:up :up :up

Bobby, It continues to amazes me what some people here will bitch and whine about.

a lot of hate in here. people want to cancel auto pay and paperless billing to get back at dish? is this what i am reading here? in a time the world is trying to go green to help out the planet you guys are going to do this for a stinking penny. wow.

The penny/year deal was nice, I agree... I see no point in canceling paperless or autopay (for myself). I find several movies each month that I enjoy, sometimes more, so I'll be keeping Cinemax after the promo ends. I don't know that it's worth full price, but I dang well know that Showtime isn't worth full price. I don't think I've watched a movie on Showtime/TMC/Flix in over 3 months! Their movie catalog is just hideous!

I have a kind of unrelated question. I wanted to drop Autopay and Paperless billing after I'm done with this Cinemax promo (not because I want to get back at Dish Network but because I don't like having a lot of stuff on my credit card :)).

But I have DVR Advantage that I think saves me $5.98 a month on my DVR (I have a 625).

So my question is, I need to keep my billing on Autopay and Paperless to keep the DVR Advantage right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts