Television Market Madness

Toddwsu2005

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
Clayton, Oh
Wonderful world of television markets. I logged onto my account recently and was shocked when it said I should be recieving Lima, Oh locals. Thing is I've recieved Dayton, Oh locals ever since I've been a subscriber(oct. 08). Good thing is I'm still getting dayton's which are in HD. I do not get Lima's which are not in HD. Guess I must be on some market border line. I live in Auglaize county. I'm almost afraid to mess with my account, dont really want it to switch my locals.

For the record I'm not a mover dish origanally said I should get Dayton. Now I go on the website and use the local market determination tool and it says Lima. Didn't think it was supposed to do that.

Todd

Wonderful world of television markets. I logged onto my account recently and was shocked when it said I should be recieving Lima, Oh locals. Thing is I've recieved Dayton, Oh locals ever since I've been a subscriber(oct. 08). Good thing is I'm still getting dayton's which are in HD. I do not get Lima's which are not in HD. Guess I must be on some market border line. I live in Auglaize county. I'm almost afraid to mess with my account, dont really want it to switch my locals.

For the record I'm not a mover dish origanally said I should get Dayton. Now I go on the website and use the local market determination tool and it says Lima. Didn't think it was supposed to do that.

Todd

:down
HI, I am just north of you in Allen Co. and had Toledo locals for few years, by way of a deal with camping. Well I called to take a sd receiver off our account that we own, leaving us with our 622 and 722 on the account. Couple hours later I see Lima locals in our guide and sure nuf Toledo is gone. I get on the phone and ask why would I pay for locals all in sd to replace locals in hd with all hd dishes and receivers on our account. I can get all the lima locals in hd ota with 100% strength. So now I have no locals with Dish. Best deal our area got out of the digital transition was getting the one hi power one off the air. From east of Lima I can now pull in ota signals from Ft. Wayne most of the time also.
Good luck and you are correct about maybe don't mess with account like I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)