Cinemax For a Penny

Thanks! I just checked my ebill and it said "your cinemax will be disconnected" in green letters. Ironically, the bill also shows a $0.01 charge. I don't remember since when I've had it, so fingers crossed for now :D

My bill also announced this in green letters with the same charge. I was charged a penny on the same date every year.

My bill also announced this in green letters with the same charge. I was charged a penny on the same date every year.

I also was charged on Dec 4 and received a letter saying I will be charged $12.99
starting next month. So I called , canceled, complained and they gave me
a $5 dollar service credit for their mistake.

Thanks - so this is confusing as some of you had your service automatically cancelled, some of you called them and cancelled, and some of you (potentially including myself) got an extension for possibly, a 3rd year.

So Scott, what's the real story here? If Dish has been benevolent, they should be at least consistent in letting people extend for now, for another year.

Thoughts? Thanks :confused:

Last edited:

My November bill showed the same thing. The green letters and the penny charge. I got the letter last month that said Cinemax was removed from my account. I still get Cinemax.

I am not about to call them to say they are not charging me enough. Once I see they are charging me $12.99, then I will call.

Why is it so hard for people to realise Dish can play different sides and offer certain people different options regarding the Cinemax deal.

The offer stands until Jan 2010....It doesn't mean that the Cinemax for a penny STOPS at that time, it means they will cease to offer the promotion.

Why is it so hard for people to realise Dish can play different sides and offer certain people different options regarding the Cinemax deal.

The offer stands until Jan 2010....It doesn't mean that the Cinemax for a penny STOPS at that time, it means they will cease to offer the promotion.
I think you're missing the point, we're trying to figure exactly what criteria they're using.

Yes that and why are some getting letters stating that Cinemax has been removed from their account when they still are receiving the channel. Not to mention the deal has ended but they just got charged another penny for another year.

Of all the different utility bills I get, the one from Dish is almost always the strangest.

Its not hard, everyone gets that, go back and read the other 100+ posts if you want to find out the real issues that have been raised and then contribute something useful to the thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts