Cinemax For a Penny

How do you cancel to avoid the cancellation fee?

I sign up for AUTOPAY ever since I became a Dish Network customer. Then, I sign up for paperless billing to get this deal.

Cinemax is worth the money. The only channels not worth it are TMC and Encore.

It was pretty good that Dish Network was able to get such a deal as this. If they were able to do this then maybe they are able to swing some other deals in the future with others. They need things like this for retention. I can only imagine how many more subscribers they would have lost without this deal and how many may switch if this enticed them to stay.

As confirmation saw this in another forum:

"Cinemax for a penny just dropped from my service. The Cinemax channels turned green, and it is no longer mentioned on my bill. I didn't have to do anything for it to be cancelled.

Oh, and by the way, they also stopped autopay - it reverted back to statements by standard mail."

Got letter last month saying my Cinamax Penny is ending in December. December bill said it was ending but still got charged a penny Dec. 12th (one year to the day from last time I got charged). Still have it.

Got letter last month saying my Cinamax Penny is ending in December. December bill said it was ending but still got charged a penny Dec. 12th (one year to the day from last time I got charged). Still have it.

Got my second letter today from Dish today saying Cinemax has been removed from my account. Still have it.

You can ask a Dish rep in online chat what date Cinemax will be cut off. Mine told me Dec. 21, I'll see if it happens or not.

I just checked my bill online and I was charged the 1 penny 1 year cinamax offer. So perhaps I will have it for another year.

On my parent's account in my name, I see a charge for one penny for Cinemax. I guess they will get another year for free. On my account I got an email saying it was over and the next day it was. I seem to remember getting Cinemax for at least 2 years before this anyway. But I love getting free stuff . I wonder if I shouldn't call and see if I can get it back ? Any other free stuff along with it. I will have been with DISH for 13 years come next month . Shouldn't they give me something cool for my anniversary?

Got mine Thursday. I called and was told January 31 which would be two years. Enjoyed getting it, but certainly would not pay $12.99 for it.. Now, I can go back to paper billing and get rid of auto pay which I really do not care for anyway. Guess those two items were not worth to Dish whatever it cost them to give Cinemax to us.

Got my second letter today from Dish today saying Cinemax has been removed from my account. Still have it.
How long have you had Cinemax for a penny? Has it already been 2 years? Wondering if they max it out (no pun intended ;) ) after 2 years or let you have it for a 3rd year?

Thanks! I just checked my ebill and it said "your cinemax will be disconnected" in green letters. Ironically, the bill also shows a $0.01 charge. I don't remember since when I've had it, so fingers crossed for now :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts