Cinemax For a Penny

So it looks like when they end this promotion for me , no more premium channels to watch. Cinemax is certainly not worth 12.99 a month at full price.

Sounds like more of the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in the company...lol...

They better not bill me for full price Cinemax either...not worth it. I find more value in Netflix, which I already have, watch a ton of different movies/tv series when I want.

I'll turn AutoPay off and paperless billing off, and configure my bank account to mail them a check instead. No skin off my back, now they get to deal with the check again. I was more than glad to have a service I enjoyed while having the trade off of not having the comfort of getting a bill in the mail and being able to pay it myself, pull that and so do I. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Now I'm back in control of what you get paid and when.
Same here.
But you can believe dish is not thinking of that, or realizing that is going to happen.

I should have a few months left on mine. Started my contract October last year and had to get it readded because my credit card was expired for auto pay.

For those trying to figure out how much longer you'll have it, I reviewed my past online statements to find when E* last charged/renewed the "1 YR Cinemax Penny Offer" to find out when it will end.

I agree that the Cinemax service isn't worth more than a penny, but I think the paperless billing and auto pay are a good thing. I don't have to lift a finger to pay the monthly billing plus I have less paper to shred at the end of the year and I get 1% from my credit card company for the dish billings. I think I'll leave it that way.

Still confused on this one... I can't see Cinemax giving Dish customers Cinemax for a penny for helping Dish lower billing costs.
I doubt the pass-through is a penny.

Say Dish saves $4/mo in administrative costs with auto-pay and online billing. If Dish cuts a deal with Cinemax to pay a reduced rate of $2.25/mo for special "Penny offer" subs, they still pocket $1.75 per month per sub, and Cinemax gets $2.25/mo in revenue that they most likely wouldn't get otherwise. (ie, they're getting money from "unlikely" subscribers)

For those trying to figure out how much longer you'll have it, I reviewed my past online statements to find when E* last charged/renewed the "1 YR Cinemax Penny Offer" to find out when it will end.

So you're saying find the most recent statement with Cinemax Penny offer and it will expire a year from that charge? If so, that means I have Cinemax until October 3, 2010! It is on my most recent statement. :up

I would have to agree with espaeth. They probably had a deal where they paid an x amount to get a special deal as it would result in more income. Perhaps Cinemax did not get much additional revenue if anymore additional revenue at all. A lot of people could have been dropping their Cinemax subscriptions to get the autopay costing Cinemax money. Also, they probably wanted to see if this would lead to additional subscriptions to their service once the deal ended.

Another thing that may have happened was that other providers may have gotten ticked off at Cinemax for not offering them the same deal. If this deal was not working out well for Cinemax then they certainly was not going to want to offer the deal to any other provider.

didn't know that the penny deal was over when I started my chat with dish but they said that it was up on the 20th. Pulled this site up right away to make sure. asked if there were any other deals and he gave me Cinemax free for 6 months because I was a good customer. that works.

So you're saying find the most recent statement with Cinemax Penny offer and it will expire a year from that charge? If so, that means I have Cinemax until October 3, 2010! It is on my most recent statement. :up

No, you have to find the statement that said it was RENEWED.

Pretty sure it only shows on the statement once a year as mine says "One Time Charges - 1 YR Cinemax Penny Offer 0.01"

My online acct shows Cinemax 1 Penny every month. Maybe the official statement only shows the billing of it once. Still have to go find that statement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts