trying to hook up dih 500 >:(

No offence taken im not greatest, speller and this dam spell ck i cant get to work im also haddycaped missing fingers so its hard to type. Thank you for saying this in nice way

j8, no offense but your posts are hard as heck to read. This really isn't a place for text messaging type communication. This is a technical forum so complete sentences with proper grammar, capitalization and punctuation are helpful to most. Just a suggestion.
I think you are being very polite to J8 from his other posts I just assumed he was of low intelligence without the ability to spell and punctuate. Now for myself I know I can't type.:)

I think you are being very polite to J8 from his other posts I just assumed he was of low intelligence without the ability to spell and punctuate. Now for myself I know I can't type.:)
Well thanks boba, well ive been doing dish for about 10-11yrs now had almost every reciver dish made. ive done fta etc and even mod at another sat site. i dont know all nor remember all, but try my best i found few peeps on this site i pissed off already and some think they know all. i made few mistakes but hell im human

No offence taken im not greatest, speller and this dam spell ck i cant get to work im also haddycaped missing fingers so its hard to type. Thank you for saying this in nice way
A few years ago I left part of a finger in the attic when a ladder slipped, definitely affects typing. But capitalization and punctuation can still be done it just takes time and patience.:)

would the skew need to be adjusted at all??
Usually when having problems picking up the satellite on the wrong LNB means a 3-5 degree elevation correction. Skew when set to specs will usually be close enough to get signals on both satellites. If mast is not plumb slight adjustment of skew may improve signal but elevation is usually the problem.:)

Usually when having problems picking up the satellite on the wrong LNB means a 3-5 degree elevation correction. Skew when set to specs will usually be close enough to get signals on both satellites. If mast is not plumb slight adjustment of skew may improve signal but elevation is usually the problem.:)
good point..

Maybe this will also help.

Attachments

• DISH_500+_and_DISH_1000+_Installation_Instructions.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 164
Sounds like your skew and/or elevation is wrong. Seen that many times getting 110 through the 119 LNB. You'll need to cover the 110 LNB with foil and find 119 first, set your skew and you'll be good to go once you uncover and tweak very carefully.