trying to install a 8ft BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
hey guys i have a 8ft dish , that i managed to put together , my question is im not sure how to wire the cable to the lnb. the cable i have has 3 wires. one is rg6 and the other 2 have 3 wires in it.
I also noticed that the lnb is a chaparal and it has a place to connect coaxial cable to it but there is also a piece missing that i believe is for a ku lnb.
also i would like to say that i have a satwork fta receiver.
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 228
hey guys i have a 8ft dish , that i managed to put together , my question is im not sure how to wire the cable to the lnb. the cable i have has 3 wires. one is rg6 and the other 2 have 3 wires in it.
I also noticed that the lnb is a chaparal and it has a place to connect coaxial cable to it but there is also a piece missing that i believe is for a ku lnb.
thanks
im almost sure you dont need to do any wiring for the lnb except for running rg6 cable to it. the 3 wires would be for the motor to get power. you'll have to wire that up accorcding to what receiver your using i think. i hope i was of some help to you.

Cover up the hole for the ku lnb with something (keep the bugs and moisture out) One of the multi-wire cables is for the polarity motor, the little blue box on the lnb that changes from vertical to horizontal polarity. The other one should be bigger guage wires that go to the actuator, dish motor if you have one connected.

ok the feedhorn shown is a c/ ku feedhorn (corotor) it is missing the ku lnb. If you don't add a ku lnb usually it is covered or blocked to keep varmits & bugs out.(tape it off )

three wires going from the feedhorn servo ( blue box on the corotor) are small white red & black
these usually goto a receiver these hook up red goes to pos.+ (5vdc) black to Neg.- and the white to the pulse usually marked with a symbol like this _n_ (or tophat)

if you have another cable with two bigger wires (usually red & white) and 4 or 5 smaller wires. these goto the actuator. the two big wires going to M1 & M2 the smaller wires going to the sensor. usually these are hooked up to a old analog receiver or a v-box to move the actuator & dish.

if the dish is going to be stationary (aimed at only one satellite ) then no mover will be needed
and i think the satworks will control the servo. so that should switch you between V & H

thanks

Sounds like the cable you have is configured for the setup that you have pictured. Your RG6 coax should feed to the Cband lnb. One set of the 3 wire setup should go to your polorator, and the other 3 wire setup should go to the actuator arm. I am not familiar with the Satwork fta recvr. So someone else might be able to chime in on connecting it up inside the house.

Good luck...Cband is fun!

well that took me 25 minutes to type lol so when i started no one answered lol but there are a bunch of helpful people here. thats a good thing :)

if you want ku signals on this dish you would have to add a ku lnb to the feedhorn (corotor) where it looks like you said something broke off. also if you added a ku lnb to this you would have to run another coax or diesqc switch it in.

right now the way it is setup it will only receive c-band signals

I think you already got all the necessary answers above, but this site on Geo-Orbit is a real storehouse of BUD info.

Also, you might mention which Satworks model.

Congratulations on your new toy! - :up

You definitely would benefit from KU band. After you get read all the info here and on Geo-orbit.com and are comfortable with the c-band performance of the dish, it's time to tackle KU.

KU is three times more critical in your dish alignments. don't be surprised if you get good C-band signals but have nothing on ku.

I am still dialing in my 10' on ku.

im using a satwork 3618. and i wondering how do i get signal? do i have to do something special?
right now i have a cable connected to cband lnb and sat in on receiver.
i have gonne to installation menu and all i see there is blind scan,sat search and manual search.

i don't know how the satwork works but you would need to setup the receiver to
see the lnb for c-band the LO is 5150 and then scan

if this dish was setup and allready pointing at a satellite then your ok just choose that satellite from the menu after you set the lo and scan. If you just set the dish up then you will have to find out if you are correctly pointing at a satellite.

yes the signal meter should work on the receiver
depending on the receiver my coolsat is red for low signal and turns green when it finds a signal.

if the dish is pointing to a satellite that you know then you can pick a live transponder and manually enter it or you should be able to blind scan if the satworks has it.

yes it should work that is a bsc-621 just verify your requirments on what ku satellite you need. The bsc621 has two models the bsc-621 (standard ku lnb) and the bsc621-2 ( it universal ku lnb) there is also a model sold by our sponser thats a ck-1

well so i moved the satellite to see if i can pick up something without having to actually aim at anything and i found a satellite , but it only says news ,sports and atlantic . im not sure what satellite it is but its on the 40 to 50 degrees .
it said frequency 11717 symbol 3619.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)