Trying to save money...

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
So I currently get Dish through my neighborhood, and I have America's Top 250 and the top HD programming(its not the turbo hd program). I am VERY tight on money right now, and we are considering dropping our HD package and DVR. However, there is one thing I'd like to find out about:
If I canceled what I have now, and went directly through Dish, would they treat me as a new customer? If so:
Would I save money with the following:
TurboHD Gold
1 HD DVR
2 HD Receivers

and then I'd be interested to know if I could get dual tuners on the standard receivers and hook them up to 2 SDTVs and then watch TV on those as well? Sorry if this is confusing, if you have any questions for me, just ask.

turns out i'll save about $65. now for noob turbo hd questions:
will i get non-hd locals in SD?

Ok, and if I get 2 ViP 222 receivers, can I run it to 2 SDTVs and then they can watch the SD version of the programming?

They have SD programming that they can choose independently of the HDTV viewer in shared mode.
Alright, so they'd view Cartoon Network SD while I could be viewing Cartoon Network HD on my 222? This is gonna be the setup if we do order:
ViP 222 to HDTV and SDTV
ViP 222 to HDTV and SDTV
ViP 722 to HDTV
TurboHD Gold

OK, you're tight on money and want HD on three HDTVs. I won't touch that.

I will say, with splitters you can run TV2 to any number of TVs, if you don't mind seeing the same stuff on them. You could save some additional receiver fees that way. You can also run HDMI to one TV and component to another, from the same receiver.

OK, you're tight on money and want HD on three HDTVs. I won't touch that.

I will say, with splitters you can run TV2 to any number of TVs, if you don't mind seeing the same stuff on them. You could save some additional receiver fees that way. You can also run HDMI to one TV and component to another, from the same receiver.
The problem with that is having 6 people in the house all wanting to watch their same garbage.
And $65 in savings is great for us

Yeah, if there are six people in the house with different tastes, I can definitely see an issue there. Time to make them all contribute to the fund. :)

I'm hearing about the price raise on the forum...what are the prices going to raise on?

I set up my house with an OTA antenna signal that goes to each room. I modulate the two Dish DVR outputs from my 622 on two channels and send it through the antenna also. Every room has the choice of any local in HD or either Dish output in SD. Since the second output is controled by the RF remote, the other rooms can change that sat channel or watch a recorded program.
This set up allows a trmendous amount of flexibility while we only pay for one DVR.:D

Is it seriously easier for you to answer with that then a simple yes or no?

I think both Turbo Silver and Turbo Gold include the RSNs if available. You will need to confirm with an E* CSR what RSNs will be available, if any, to you. I would do an online chat and save the chat just in case.
Ok, I think I'm going to get Gold

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts