Trying to setup a 2-LNB bracket for Shaw.

byron

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Ooltewah, TN, US
Hey guys. I'm trying to setup a 2-LNB setup for Shaw. I'm using an old Fortec Star 80cm white dish, and I have it set roundabouts where I can easily pick up 107W with no problem. I can add the bracket, and keep 107W no problem... but no matter how I manipulate the bracket around I can't seem to find 111W.

(I'm seeing 110W ok on a higher TP that my test LNB is able to lock onto...)

I'm stumped and I've spent two Saturdays out back at my dish farm just a plugging away at this to no avail! :) Does anyone have this setup working? And if so, can you snap a pic around the LNBs and show me how it looks? :)

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys. I'm trying to setup a 2-LNB setup for Shaw. I'm using an old Fortec Star 80cm white dish, and I have it set roundabouts where I can easily pick up 107W with no problem. I can add the bracket, and keep 107W no problem... but no matter how I manipulate the bracket around I can't seem to find 111W.

(I'm seeing 110W ok on a higher TP that my test LNB is able to lock onto...)

I'm stumped and I've spent two Saturdays out back at my dish farm just a plugging away at this to no avail! :) Does anyone have this setup working? And if so, can you snap a pic around the LNBs and show me how it looks? :)

Thanks in advance!

I am no expert but will give my opinion since no one else has. The 2 satellites that you want are spaced 4 degrees apart which is tight. The 4 degree spacing will not allow you to physically mount the LNBF'S close enough together to get both 107 and 111 simultaneously.

If you look at the Shawdirect dual LNBF'S you will see that they are custom manufactured with the feeds fused together to get the 4 degrees. What LNBF'S are you using as I am looking for an aftermarket Shawdirect LNBF for a project for a friend?

The 4 degree spacing will not allow you to physically mount the LNBF'S close enough together to get both 107 and 111 simultaneously.

Thanks for replying. I have seen 4 degree LNB spaced bracket examples all over the place on various vendor sites, so I would hope this is actually a possible thing to accomplish on a 80cm dish such as mine. I'm going to keep digging around I guess and try things out. I have noticed one particular example I saw advises that I should mount by center LNB to the weaker of the two birds, so I think I'll aim my primary LNB to 111w and try to maneuver the other one to 107w and see what I can manage.

What LNBF'S are you using as I am looking for an aftermarket Shawdirect LNBF for a project for a friend?

I'm using two of the GeoSat Pro SL2 Bullet dual standard LNBs. They work great on the two dishes I have aimed at 107w and 111w individually. I just want to reclaim one of them back for regular FTA use.

Speaking of GeoSat Pro... I just noticed they've got some 4-degree brackets that look a lot better than the one I've tried. I think I'm going to order one of them. (They even have a 4-degree upgrade kit with LNBs..! Wish I would've seen that a while back!)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)