Trying to setup Duo receiver using 1 line and cable system, Need Help!

mcasdorph

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
WV, USA
Ok, I originally had my Dish Network 322 Dual Receiver hooked up to a second TV with the Attenuator and a cable stretching across to another room, I decided to try the single line cable system method, and I'm having issues, I have the LNB 1 hooked up to a splitter in the cable junction box, then 2 wires coming off, one going to my room that has the receiver and one going into a living room to TV2. I have the Triplexer hooked up right, ch 29-69 going to the 29-69 port, input 1 going to input 1 and input 2 going to input 2 (like its supposed to), now when I hook up the other cable to TV2 my receiver goes off and reboots and goes back off and reboots and goes back off and wont turn back on until I unhook TV2, WTF is going on?

I made a diagram (if you want to call it that..lol) of my setup, though I think I may have figured out my problem, you can't use a splitter, it has to be a diplexer?

Ok, I received my diplexer's in the mail, got 2 for 0.01 with .99 shipping off amazon, they are Holland brand, I thought taking the splitter off and putting one of these would fix the problem, TV2 is not getting a signal, I have both the Modulator "TV2 out" channel the same on both receiver and TV, the only time I saw anything was when I done a switch check and TV2 had a picture but it was really snowy, after the check switch completed the signal to TV2 went completely. Is there a way to check the TV2 coax with a multimeter to see how strong the UHF signal is or something or could it be something else? I may check the junction box again.

Found the problem, I had SAT on the diplexer going to the Receiver instead of the satellite dish. All works now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)