Trying to sub In canada.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boavista

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Ok guys my Normal Canadian tv bev sub contract is over. I cant stand their 720P waterd down HD anymore. I'm wanting to Setup my directv sub again. I probably cant use the same receiver that i did before because can-am was shut down,but im willing to buy a new one if that's what it takes. Problem is Brokers are basically impossible to find. Anyone have any info on how i can get setup again. If need be Please PM me if you have some kind of Connection. Im not looking for any FTA or any of that nonsense. Im looking for a Directv sub that i can pay my bill and enjoy good tv. If anyone knows any brokers still in action, or some other reliable means please PM.

Thanks in advanced guys.

Ok guys my Normal Canadian tv bev sub contract is over. I cant stand their 720P waterd down HD anymore. I'm wanting to Setup my directv sub again. I probably cant use the same receiver that i did before because can-am was shut down,but im willing to buy a new one if that's what it takes. Problem is Brokers are basically impossible to find. Anyone have any info on how i can get setup again. If need be Please PM me if you have some kind of Connection. Im not looking for any FTA or any of that nonsense. Im looking for a Directv sub that i can pay my bill and enjoy good tv. If anyone knows any brokers still in action, or some other reliable means please PM.

Thanks in advanced guys.

720p is not watered down hd.

lol oh trust me.. when your watching on my 50" Plasma bev is a complete Joke. Cant even come close to the picture quality that i was getting when i had dtv hd previously.

lol oh trust me.. when your watching on my 50" Plasma bev is a complete Joke. Cant even come close to the picture quality that i was getting when i had dtv hd previously.

Lol, oh trust me, :rolleyes: you have either set up issues, or you weren't wathing an hd program. 720p is hd, no matter how you spin it.

Well the debating aside, Did anyone that used to go through Can-Am ( The Dtv and Echo* broker not the other one) have any success in finding another dealer? im so tired of the sim subbing and lack of HD channels. Once again if anyone has any broker info Please post or PM me.. Also interested in dish if anyone has hook ups. Thanks guys.

Well the debating aside, Did anyone that used to go through Can-Am ( The Dtv and Echo* broker not the other one) have any success in finding another dealer? im so tired of the sim subbing and lack of HD channels. Once again if anyone has any broker info Please post or PM me.. Also interested in dish if anyone has hook ups. Thanks guys.

What debate? You said that 720p is watered down hd. It's not. Don't try to legitimize your position. As far as subbing in Canada, I suspect no one else has responded because it's not legal to have Directv in Canada.

720P is HD, true enough, but Bell is dowrezzing their HD channels like crazy and that is what he is referring to. They take 1080i material, change it to 720p and then downrez and bit starve it so it looks like 480p.

What debate? You said that 720p is watered down hd. It's not. Don't try to legitimize your position. As far as subbing in Canada, I suspect no one else has responded because it's not legal to have Directv in Canada.

Correct!
But it could make for cool TV! How about a show.....theme music from Thunder Road with shots of Robert Mitchum doing a moonshine run.....The installation tech loads up for another run.."North". They get the boxes to the TV thirsty Canuks and load the van with whiskey (Canadian of course) HEY?

The return trip is just as tough. Homeland Security awaits. "So? Are you bringing anything back from Canada we should know about?" The boarder is so tight they have to float the van across the lake........in winter.........with the tech using jet assist pods to move the van on the ice flows......

Ohoooo, I got to go, just wet myself!

Bookem, Danno!

Joe

720P is HD, true enough, but Bell is dowrezzing their HD channels like crazy and that is what he is referring to. They take 1080i material, change it to 720p and then downrez and bit starve it so it looks like 480p.

If he had said that in the beginning, he wouldn't look so foolish now.

Yes thats exactly what i was trying to say... Just didnt come out that Way. Sorry Folks

Yup Cant wait to see some non great white north television :D
n yea don't worry about it... :)

well if anyone can successfully help out in subbing in canada or at least point us to a way we can set it up a well, someone can pm me as well....im lookin for the direct tv hd as well, candian tv is just not the same.....

Someone post some info about subscribing in Canada please. If someone had a friend in Seattle (that someone lives in Vancouver), what would be the procedure for getting the tv up and running? Thanks.

Someone post some info about subscribing in Canada please. If someone had a friend in Seattle (that someone lives in Vancouver), what would be the procedure for getting the tv up and running? Thanks.

You might get some PMs but any installers on here who helps could be banned from any DTV work for aiding in signal theft.

Eventually the moderators will get around to shutting down this thread.

You can not subscribe to DTV in Canada. The technology will do it but there are laws.

Joe

You might get some PMs but any installers on here who helps could be banned from any DTV work for aiding in signal theft.

You can not subscribe to DTV in Canada. The technology will do it but there are laws.

Joe

This is not signal theft, and more than one moderator here has Canadian services here in the US. Chill out, Francis, this isn't DBSTalk :p

Joe

Why would this thread get shut down? We can debate the ethics of a Canadian looking to pay for DirecTV services - just as an American resident who wishes to subscribe to Canadian-based services - until we're blue in the face. It doesn't do anyone any good by the way. I'd suggest you try to help - we can't be stopped. ;)

In addition, there are moderators here who deem these activities to be satisfactory, much in the way that people "move."

Why would this thread get shut down? We can debate the ethics of a Canadian looking to pay for DirecTV services - just as an American resident who wishes to subscribe to Canadian-based services - until we're blue in the face. It doesn't do anyone any good by the way. I'd suggest you try to help - we can't be stopped. ;)

In addition, there are moderators here who deem these activities to be satisfactory, much in the way that people "move."

The other major satellite discussion board has very very strict rules regarding this, and some think they apply here. As far as I can tell as long as you're paying for the service, the moderators and administrators here are not opposed to this discussion.

So now that we've deemed this subject safe, there's really just one thing I want to know about. What will the conversation with the sat rep be like?

I have the dish and receiver, I call them using Skype. How is the conversation going to go? Anyone have experience with this?

Cheers!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)