trying to understand relationship between signal quality and power

shelly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
Those of us who have had Directv, Dish and BEV know that when checking for signal strength, we can toggle through the different transponders on the Installation Screen, each of which corresponds to a specific channel(s). The signal strength usually changes for each one.

With Voom, we are given an Installation Screen bar with a single strength meter, and a System Status screen which shows Signal Quality and Signal Strength/Signal to Noise ratio.

The Signal Quality seems to correspond to the Installation Bar in that they appear to be the same numerical reading.

But I have found that the Signal Strength changes as I change channels, while the Quality maintains a constant numerical reading.

So does this mean that the Signal Strength is the actual rating of the transponder for each channel? Similar to what we find with Directv, Dish and BEV?

While the Signal Quality indicates some overall rating for the dish's reception peak at the time? Quality (and the installation bar strength reading which is the same) do seem to change based on the time of day and weather conditions.

Feedback, please.

Shelly

Also, if you look at the EMM Providers, there's seem to be a relationship between each of these providers and how many channels are fit into each. I have counte 3 HD per EMM provider and a total of 13 EMM Providers. The EMM Providers correspond to the TPs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts