T’s COD Ghosts Onslaught DLC Review

T134

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 27, 2011
Minnesota
I thought I'd post this here at satguys since most of the guys at my place are not into gaming at all.
----------------------------------

T’s COD Ghosts Onslaught DLC Review

Ever since I found Call of Duty Ghosts stashed in an Alien2 box (Xmess) combined with Jen getting me Xbox Gold I’ve been playing Ghosts online. Here in MN during the winter I really don’t have much to do in my off time lol

Since I got Ghosts free and have really been enjoying multiplayer & squads I actually forked out the $15 for the new Onslaught DLC. Mainly I wanted to try the new gun, the Maverick. It didn’t take but 5 minutes for Jen to see it in a match, mainly because I was seriously kicking butt with it. Somehow this turned into me paying for her to get Onslaught, so now I’m in $30. :)

That Maverick alone was worth it! I’m not exactly 24 years old with super fast reflexes so I haven’t been doing all that great with the maps/modes that are mostly run n’ gun or rounding the corner right into someone. Maverick equipped with VMR & forward grip combined with ready up & quickdraw changed this fast. I can now get that first shot in most of the time & my K/D has went way up. It has a great deal of knockdown power & accuracy compared to the other assault rifles. Mid to long range accuracy & knockdown is also excellent. It is a great overall gun in any mode or map. It even sounds good. I haven’t tried the sniper version yet, but both are unlocked with the DLC.

The 4 new maps also do not disappoint. There are some included with the game I really dislike. The Onslaught maps are all gems IMO. Containment is a medium/large map in a MX town with an interesting radiation area in the middle that jams out satcoms and other electronic detection. Many vertical levels to play on too. Bayview is small to medium. Apparently you can call in an attack from an offshore destroyer but I haven’t seen this yet. Fog is really cool, its in the woods with cabins and caves. Kind of creepy, lots of close range engagements. Ignition is a redo of scapyard from MW3 (I think?) with lots of medium to long range opportunities. You can also ignite the test rocket engines and incinerate enemies that happen to be on the nozzle end. Maverick assault rifle plays great on any of these maps.

Onslaught DLC also includes part one of four expansions for Extinction mode. I have only done extinction once solo to check it out so I don’t know much about it or what the DLC adds.

I would say even if you are a crappy player like me that Onslaught DLC is worth the $15 spend if you play on a semi regular basis.

Code:
http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/dlc/dlc1-onslaught

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts