TS Stream > DVD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
I'd like to burn to DVD some videos that I've recorded from my MicroHD. My Video Editor that handles the TS files doesn't have a menu generator (no way to add chapters either). I have to output the videos as individual files (MPEG4) then import them into a DVD Creator. I don't want to degrade the video quality any when I output the videos. TS Doctor identifies the stream as:

H.264
29.970 FPS Interlaced
720x480 (4:3)

The stream rate is: Video 20Mbit, Audio 2Mbit

On the Video Editor, I picked out the output parameters that I think will work best (a guess)(screenshot attached). The bit rate of course has a big effect on the output file size. My question is, is 1200Kbps too
much? What would a suitable output bit rate be that would match the original stream. Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

Attachments

• Output.jpg
    Output.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 122
The DVD format only supports standard definition MPEG-2. H264 AVC is MPEG-4, and would have to be transcoded to play in a DVD video player. Blu-Ray will support H264 natively, so burning to Blu-Ray would be an alternative.

Use MultiAVCHD to add the .TS files to a Blu-Ray layout.

The DVD format only supports standard definition MPEG-2. H264 AVC is MPEG-4, and would have to be transcoded to play in a DVD video player. Blu-Ray will support H264 natively, so burning to Blu-Ray would be an alternative.

Use MultiAVCHD to add the .TS files to a Blu-Ray layout.

New Orleans Eh? Home of the legendary Flame Thrower 870 WWL. Back in the late 70's they were a Clear Channel AM Station and I could here them loud and clear on my Car Radio at night here in Los Angeles. Those days are gone.

Thanks for the information on the codec's. Using the Wondershare Video Editor, if I go directly from TS and output to DVD, the quality is acceptable. Not as good as the MPEG-4 stream ... but acceptable. The codec that Video Editor uses (chosen automatically, can't be changed) when burning to DVD is VOB NTSC. The encoder it uses of course is MPEG-2 (frame rate and resolution is the same as the source) and the Bit Rate is 4000kbps. Those files would be about 120Mb for a 3:30 length video clip. I'll try burning to BD as you suggested. Your help is appreciated!

Yup... I often listen to WWL radio during football season, when I am out and about while the Saints are playing.

Blu-Ray is a nice alternative since it compatible with a diverse set of video streams and resolutions. You could, of course, use either Blu-Ray or DVD to burn a data disc, but it would not play back as a video disc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts