TS Video Converter Problem!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Ok so I looked all over this site and didn't see anywhere this would fit so I'm going to post this here since this is where I spend most of my time here. If there's a better place for it, then by all means move it!

I've got a few receivers that are listed in my signature. I've been using the Micro HD as my primary now for a while and have a problem with video that I record from the NBC mux on both 105W and 99W. The Wife and I both enjoy watching The Blacklist and I've been recording those episodes so we can go back and watch them over again simply because things move along so fast at times we both miss some important stuff.

Having said that, those programs are in HD on 105W and the average size of a single one hour program is around 6.5 GIGABITES?? The SD versions on 99W are 1.8GB? As you can see, when you save a bunch of those it takes up a ton of space on a hard drive so I want to be able to reduce the size along with combining those TS files into one so they will play back uninterrupted on both my AZ Box receivers.

The Micro and also the S9 record in TS format and they are in multiple pieces, ie, each of the individual TS files is like 1.03GB and there's usually 5\6 of them in HD. The SD ones are usually just 2 TS files. On the AZ Box playback STOPS at the end of each part and at times won't automatically go to the next part?? Ennywho, it's a PITA and I want to convert those files to a single MP4 so they will play back without problems on ALL my receivers.

I've tried several different programs but ALL of them have one problem or another after the conversion is done, ie, voice sync off, bad video with lines horizontally across the screen, some just didn't work at all, etc. So far I've used VLC Media Player, Xilisoft Video Converter and a couple of others but so far I haven't found one that works without some problem afterwards. I've even tried a couple of converters that are available for Ubuntu to no avail!

So question for you guys is have any of you successfully done this and if so, what software did you use that worked!

Oh, and loosing HD isn't a problem as I watch these on an SD 50" projection TV.

Any help guys?

Thanks

I use VideoRedo for .ts files from HDHomerun OTA tuner to edit commercials. I use vidcoder to change .ts to mp4 and to reduce filesize from 1280x720 or 1920x1080 down to 720x400 when I want a smaller file for traveling on a tablet or something. I've also used mp4joiner to join several mp4 parts into a single file

Try VideoReDo, they give a trial period, you can edit out commercials & join .TS (if same bitrate etc) ...

I have been curious about VideoReDo myself, for this same reason.

I use VideoRedo for .ts files from HDHomerun OTA tuner to edit commercials. I use vidcoder to change .ts to mp4 and to reduce filesize from 1280x720 or 1920x1080 down to 720x400 when I want a smaller file for traveling on a tablet or something. I've also used mp4joiner to join several mp4 parts into a single file
You can do that with VidoReDo also be sure it's the MP4 version though and save as mp4 for what ever, I've reduced for my kindle and worked fine.

You can do that with VidoReDo also be sure it's the MP4 version though and save as mp4 for what ever, I've reduced for my kindle and worked fine.

I just find for me personally, Vidcoder is easier and quicker to use for that. I find it is easier to navigate and make changes. They will both do it though. I probably need to spend more time working with VideoRedo for things other than just cutting commercials.

Shazam. You really are a lone gunman! But if it works for you, more power to ya.

"Give me HD or give me death !" -- Patrick Henry

That 50" Big Screen Hatachi cost me right at $2,500 back in 1998 and it's still working as good today as it did the day I bought it.

Having said that, living on Social Security because of the fact that my retirement savings is generating basically ZERO interest income (special thanks to the Federal Reserve) kinda makes it hard to justify spending $1,000 +/- for an LED flat screen that I don't need. That and I have a dragster and love to go fast so I have to pick and choose what things I can live without and right now going fast isn't one of them.

FYI, I do have a 24" LCD HD in the shop that replaced a 14" portable CRT back about 3 years ago so if I must have HD I can always watch that. ;)

And thanks to the rest of you who posted with info that I requested. I've downloaded some of that stuff and will give it a try in a few days as it's 82* here now and I'm going outside and do something!

I use TSSplitter to combine the MicroHD files together (it does both splits and joins), and usually SmartCutter to edit the files followed by HandBrake to convert to MP4. Not an all-in-one solution like VideoReDo but works well for me. Also works with the TS files from my Hauppage USB tuner and WinTV.

That 50" Big Screen Hatachi cost me right at $2,500 back in 1998 and it's still working as good today as it did the day I bought it.

Thought I had claim to oldest big screen still in use, but you have me beat. Still using my circa 2003 "HD Ready" Toshiba 46" projection tv ($1,100 floor model at Best Buy). Comes with 2 component inputs. FTA receiver on one Voom OTA receiver on the other.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)