tsreader and usals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

updatelee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
CFB Edmonton
Im having a problem setting this up, it seems overly complicated.

I enter my lat as 50.0 N and my long as 123.0 W, orbital location as 74.0 W and the dish moved to the far west.

if I change the orbital location to 77.0w it moves a little, but its still WAY in the west, like past 148.0w lol.

so I tried v1.2 I can store the positions fine, but how do I assign the positions to a satellite ? right now I have a cross refrence sheet in notepad I open to tell me what the v1.2 position is to what satellite.

Im using genpix btw, unsure if the tuneing screens are different or not.

You need to set your lattitude to south for Usals to work properly. It is backward, I discovered it while testing builds for Rod. Longitude and orbital location should be west. You can just input your longitude and lattitude, then restart source, highlight a satellite in the satellite list and click the double arrow button to the right and Usals should take you to the right bird. You don't need to input an orbital location in the positioner menu although it works that way too. I have the Skywalker and it works fine here, wouldn't work with the Twinhan 1020a.

k, perfect usals works now.

any way to get v1.2 working where it remembers the stored position, insted of me remembering the stored position number. hehe :)

Diseqc1.2 works but I don't think it will store the positions for you. You have to input the position number each time. It would be nice to be able to do what your asking. Give Rod an e-mail about it, who knows he might include it in a future build.

You need to set your lattitude to south for Usals to work properly. It is backward, I discovered it while testing builds for Rod. Longitude and orbital location should be west. You can just input your longitude and lattitude, then restart source, highlight a satellite in the satellite list and click the double arrow button to the right and Usals should take you to the right bird. You don't need to input an orbital location in the positioner menu although it works that way too. I have the Skywalker and it works fine here, wouldn't work with the Twinhan 1020a.

What does this apply to? I have a Twinhan on the way but, I'm not sure which software I plan to use it with. Is the USALS messed up in the Twinhan or just for genpix?

Twinhan is a good choice, don't worry about it. We were talking about Usals in Tsreader, the author recently added it as a feature and it has some bugs that he is working out.
Why not try all the software? That way you can decide what you like best. Most have a trial version, several are free!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts