Status
Please reply by conversation.

iammike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Roanoke,VA
Hey guys,

Anybody have the budget TT S2-3200 card working with DVBDream and able to control a diseqc switch and positioner? The only way I've been able to get diseqc working with the card at all is with the WDM driver and that's with MT and TSReader. DVBDream doesn't work with this driver however, but does support the BDA driver. Unfortunately Dream doesn't let me control my switch or positioner with the BDA driver. I'm using the 5.0.0.12 version of the BDA driver.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike, have you tried to use raw diseqc commands to control your switch and motor in Dvbdream?

On the diseqc panel, I've entered a motor position and pressed goto. That generated the raw diseqc in the area below, and I pressed the send button below that. Is there any place else I should try?

I've never had any luck doing that. I don't think Dvbdream generates the proper command. I use Altdvb, set up your longitude and latitude in the usals panel then go to add satelllite screen. In there pick your switch type and down at the bottom pick your positioner, to the right you will see a raw diseqc command generated, copy that then navigate to dvbdream, options, diseqc, pick the satellite, then properties, raw command and paste it in there. You have to do it with all the satellites you want to move to but you only do it once. I'd give you my list of commands but they would be different for you as you are at a different latitude/longitude. You can also generate raw diseqc commands with Mibi's diseqc plugin with your skystar card. I don't know if this will work with your 3200 card, I don't have it but its something to try. The above works with my Genpix skywalker but not my twinhan 1020a. Goto n works with the Twinhan but not Goto x.

I just wanted to update this with my final solution to the problem. DVBViewer is able to handle both DVB-S and DVB-S2 and can also move my positioner. I had to get the raw diseqc commands from DVBDream (it seems to be giving good data now) and manually define them for the different positioner commands but all is good. DVBViewer is a PITA to set up compared to dream or MT though. I guess once you get the hang of it it's not too bad though. I'm pleased to report that as of last night I've now got channels from about 9 different satellite locations (both DVB-S and DVB-S2) programmed into DVBViewer and working with the SageTV plug-in. Of course I've still got 10 or 15 more sats to go, and a whole bunch of station id's to look up to get guide data, but I'm just about there. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts