TT S2 3200 - who is actually running s2?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Who is actually running s2 and how are you doing it, IE through tsreader or another program?

My pansat 9200 is crap, the s2 card is flakey and bearly works, I have the tt 3200 budget s2 card in my HTPC.

Now with that said I will be useing the 103.0 W location and the NBC hd feeds to test. I have no problems getting the 4:2:2 sd transponders. When it comes to the s2 transponder, thats where I have issues.

Is there some sort of trick to get this to scan in s2 signals? I downloaded and installed the bda driver (the latest). In DVB Viewer it shows up as a DVBS device, and I can click on that its an S2 device in the hardware settings, but when I go and scan in an S2 tranpoder it cant lock on the signal.

Also, when I do lock on to a DVB S signal, there's no picture. Something is up. Again, I was atleast able to achive a lock with my pansat on the s2 signal. With this card the dish has moved no where and no lock.

I don't have that card so I really can't help with the dish movement, not sure if the drivers support that. Are you using Dvbviewer or Transedit to scan? I've had better luck with Transedit.

Bob, definitely download Transedit from the DVBviewer site, and put it in the DVBviewer folder. That way , Transedit can update the same tp's that DVBviewer uses.
Transedit is much more obvious to use than DVBviewer, so do your scans with it. Sometimes, I simply watch a show in Transedit, since it's functional for viewing by clicking on a scanned channel.
:)

I don't have that card so I really can't help with the dish movement, not sure if the drivers support that. Are you using Dvbviewer or Transedit to scan? I've had better luck with Transedit.

I dont need dish movement.. I need s2 to be working, and maybe BSLA. with this card woudl be nice too :)

Bob, definitely download Transedit from the DVBviewer site, and put it in the DVBviewer folder. That way , Transedit can update the same tp's that DVBviewer uses.
Transedit is much more obvious to use than DVBviewer, so do your scans with it. Sometimes, I simply watch a show in Transedit, since it's functional for viewing by clicking on a scanned channel.

Downloading now :) is there anything else that I might need. ?

:edit ohhh this is nice..

I assume you have a REAL stb to aim the dish . :) The biggest problem that I have run into with DVB-S2, is the precise aim necessary to lock the 8psk signal. On my 90cm dish, 1 motor bump either direction loses the lock. I've never successfully locked a DVB-s2 signal with my TT 3200 without aiming the dish and locking the signal first with my CS8000. That may be a real problem for you.

Who is actually running s2 and how are you doing it, IE through tsreader or another program?

My pansat 9200 is crap, the s2 card is flakey and bearly works, I have the tt 3200 budget s2 card in my HTPC.

Now with that said I will be useing the 103.0 W location and the NBC hd feeds to test. I have no problems getting the 4:2:2 sd transponders. When it comes to the s2 transponder, thats where I have issues.

I'm late reading this thread (due to superbowl overload), but I noticed that there are no TSREADER responses.
I use the 3200 with TSREADER. I loaded the WDM drivers and TSREADER works OK with it. I generally stream the output to my ROKU for 4.2.0 MPEG2, or play on the computer with VLC (for SD 4.2.2. MPEG4 stuff is still a bit flakey with most versions of VLC.

The 3200 card does a few strange things with VLC though, and I'm not sure if it's because of the card itself or because of the WDM driver, ie might be different for those using the BDA drivers.
First of all, TSREADER seems to often lose indication of lock at times, even though it is still actually locked and processing signal. Doesn't really affect anything, it's just weird to look down and see zero for S/N (ie unlocked), even though data is still going.
Secondly, if I change satellites (card is slaved on C-band) or polarity, and lose signal, and want to tune in a new transponder, OR if I try to tune in a non-existing DVB-S2 transponder, the card takes a LONG TIME before it gives up trying to lock, like something like over a minute sometimes. I think this is because the WDM drivers seem to keep trying with different frequencies, FEC and pilot parameters, looking for a lock, and it doesn't give up until it has tried everything.
Somewhat related to the above, if say I tell it to lock a signal at 4080, and there IS no transponder at 4080, but there is a transponder at say 4060 with similar SR value... when it doesn't find the 4080, it searches around, and eventually locks on the 4060 signal. This can be VERY CONFUSING at times, particularly with a slaved C-band system where I'm setting polarity on another receiver, and it means that you can't trust any signal you've tuned with the 3200 to be close enough to the correct values to lock on any other receiver.
Also related to the search, if I lock on a signal using AUTO FEC, then try to determine the actual FEC, I can't determine the FEC, because it will search through the various FEC values until it locks, and will thus lock regardless of what FEC I have selected.
I have found that the tuner in the 3200 is less sensitive than the tuners in either my Coolsat 8100 or my Diamond 9000, so it won't lock some signals that the other two receivers have no problems with. However 90% of the signals I've tried have worked fine.

Anyway, I like the 3200, but it does have some quirks, at least with the WDM driver.

Great writeup. So you are able to lock s2 signals with tsreader. Good. My issue is the pansat wich im useing to drive the motor will lock on to the s2 signal, but the 3200 wont. Also, when I do lock onto the signal with the pansat, it wont lock onto the channel. I think i might need a bigger dish than my 90 cm to get a solid lock on some of these s2 channels.

I'm late reading this thread (due to superbowl overload), but I noticed that there are no TSREADER responses.
I use the 3200 with TSREADER. I loaded the WDM drivers and TSREADER works OK with it. I generally stream the output to my ROKU for 4.2.0 MPEG2, or play on the computer with VLC (for SD 4.2.2. MPEG4 stuff is still a bit flakey with most versions of VLC.
I have TSReader, but I'm not savvy enough to understand how to load the WDM Drivers? I tried a half dozen times, and nothing doing? So, I went without anything but the TT-3200 program (which s**Ks), until I broke down and got DVBViewer. Now I'm a happy Camper..!!!

I have TSReader, but I'm not savvy enough to understand how to load the WDM Drivers? I tried a half dozen times, and nothing doing? So, I went without anything but the TT-3200 program (which s**Ks), until I broke down and got DVBViewer. Now I'm a happy Camper..!!!

I never bothered to load the program that came with the 3200. Instead, I downloaded the 2.19h wdm drivers and unzipped it into a directory. I put the TT-3200 card in my machine, restarted the computer, and got the "found hardware" thing. I pointed it to my tt-3200 driver window and got the driver installed. After that, TSREADER worked fine.
I've never tried any other drivers or programs with the card, mainly because I seldom use any of my PC receiver cards to watch on a computer. Instead I almost always stream to my Roku, and use TSREADER for investigating signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts