Tulsa Fox 23 HD

cougar57

Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
I emailed Fox 23 in Tulsa Here is response
Thank you for your email to FOX23. We appreciate hearing from you.
We are trying to bring our HD signal to you over Dish TV and we are negotiating with them to do that.
We believe that Dish TV will want to offer you our HD signal as they do the HD signals of others. We also believe we should be fairly compensated for our programming and signal as they do for others. Dish TV is paying ESPN and others program providers considerably more for those signals than we are asking for ours.
Dish TV has the ability to provide our HD signal at any time.
I recommend you notify them that you want the service.
Thank you,
Holly Allen
VP/General Manager
FOX23 & My41
Tulsa, OK
(918) 388-5254 phone
(918) 493-5739 fax
hallen@fox23.com <mailto:hallen@fox23.com>

FYI the stick they use to broadcast there hd is WEAK. i believe its under powered right now due to other channels nearby. so its luck if u get it through OTA or DISH right now really. after feb 17 i think they'll go full power though.

KOKI is owned by Newport Tv a group formed to buy all the Clear Channel Tv assets. They are at Full power and they have no other channels new them. KQCW will be on the air on channel 20 in the spring, there is a low power analog Spanish channel at 25.

IMO there may be conflicts arising in Feb, when KJRH moves to digital channel 8 and KTUL stays at digital channel 10 and OETA moves to digital channel 11. Currently KTUL is all by itself as KJRH and OETA are broadcasting digitally in the UHF band on 55 and 38. Although we currently don't have any problems with KJRH and KOTV broadcasting next to each other on 55 and 56.

Fox carries to many Bowl games to not be in HD by the 1st hopefully this works out. Does Direct TV have Fox23 in HD

yea i knew bout the kjrh move after ktul signs off that'll be a doosey to watch at 1201 am on feb 17. OKC is also getting i believe 9 or 13 is going to that smaller band and 5(7) will finally go to full power then due to that lawton station.my bad bout sinclair oops thoght they owned both.

I'd have to go look again, but I think both 9 and 13 are moving back to their traditional analog channel numbers. It's been a while since I looked, so I may be wrong.

Griffin is spending a lot of money for the new facilities here in Tulsa ( I get a good view of their old and new facilities from the 8th floor of the new City Hall, hate when I have to go over there) and I believe they are doing the upgrades to KWTV too, so OKC should have some local HD news on channel 9 soon.

Fox carries to many Bowl games to not be in HD by the 1st hopefully this works out. Does Direct TV have Fox23 in HD

Yes Directv does have FOX 23 in HD only thing different is that Channel 44 KTPX and Channel 44 KWHB are not offered on Directv but if you don't watch those 2 you would have the big 4 in HD and talk of PBS to come sometime in 09. Plus if you signup by 12/29 you get 3 months free of HD with Directv. Considering the switch myself especially if Dish does not add any more HD channels. Also Fox Sports Oklahoma is a full time channel on Directv instead of jumping around on one of alternate sports channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts