Tuner 2 signal loss issue on 110 & 119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rusty813

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Hawaii
I installed a dish 1000.2, and I am receiving all 3 satellite signals western arc in Hawaii. I just have one hopper and nothing else, my current setup is a dish 1000.2 with three cables running from the dish to the duo node to the dish hopper w/sling. Tuner 1 and 3 is working properly with these coming in locked. When switching over to tuner 2 sat 119 tp 15 & 16 and sat 110 tp 14,15,16,17 is not working properly. The signal will lock for a few seconds changes between locked, not locked, and wrong sat.

My lnb is picking up signal in the right places 129 119 110 and here is a screen shot my tv.

11r9i15.jpg

Terminators on unused outputs?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

A terminator is one of those short 75 ohm plugs that go on the outputs and look (to the receiver or the node) just like a connected cable.

Lnb or the node would be my first thought but since it is a self install the cheapest would be to run new cable(3ghz rg6 is mandatory) between the hopper and node then replace all of your fittings. Though it shouldn't affect your tuners putting 75 ohm terminator caps are recommend to lessen MoCA issues in Joeys

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

All my cables are rg6, but what I have done is removed cable input 2 put it into cable input 1 on the duo node, to see if I got a signal issue. After I have done that I plugged the receiver back in and got 31-11-45. I did not do a check switch, so I went back outside put cable input 1 & 2 back to its original place, and the signal came back. When I go back to pip screen, to view tuner 2 it does not say 31-11-45, the picture shows a split second then disappears comes back and the error message it has 11-12-11.

so i just figured out the problem, I love this site...I kept on reading and reading until there was 2 different type of rg6 cables yes I had a rg6 cable hooked up to the hopper, but it was old from 10 years ago so I was like maybe this thing is not 3 ghz. I went and got a 3 ghz wire and it resolved the issue on tuner 2. The wires from the dish to the duo node is all updated. Dish technician is coming on monday, so all needs to do is swap out old wire with new wire : )

Thanks, everyone for your support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)