Tuner 3 - Lost Signal - New Hopper Install.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was so pissed off that day I had to buy the damn thing over the phone with our dish company which located out of Tennessee however I'm in Illinois, then go to the local dish warehouse and pick up the thing. Then the said well once you take it you can't bring it back I'm like why the hell am I going to bring it back? "They were like we have never heard of someone having three hoppers installed". It was a disaster. (oh and for icing on the cake I forgot to tell you originally one of the places said they would sell me one for 299.00 of course when I got there the price went up to 399.00 who ever told you that must have made a mistake was there answer)

Last edited:
You know they had my purchased one on there as leased and I had to fax them all of my paperwork to prove that I owned it. That was part of the mess to. (Thats when I thought they would believe you could not have three leased hopper but no that was not good enough for them) The whole hopper installation was a mess. It still is a mess on my account to this day. For some reason I'm fighting with them now over the fact that I own my 512's and 322 that I bought. They took the 722's and 922 with them but I owned this stuff now they say I don't. I have never had such a debacle in all of my life.

Last edited:
Maybe I should be careful what I wish for. There seems to be very few 3 Hopper systems, at least being discussed here and the other places. Not surprised this would screw the pooch for a CSR....they're not set up for anything out of the box, or perceived as.

Now don't get me wrong the three hopper system is awesome.................nothing but a beautiful piece of engineering I don't understand everyone's problems with their systems. Half of the problems I have never seen or are minor little glitch's here or there the only major thing is rain fade and causing PTA to screw up other then that everything in my system works great. Now I'm not happy some of the features they told me where coming, haven't come into existence yet but I guess I will have to wait for that. Just better not take as long as the 922 or we will be moving onto the next best thing.

OH that is the one thing I miss about the 922 the sling, that was the only thing I wish I could do with my hopper :( People say doesn't work well with the hopper I thought that was so cool being able to watch shows from my Iphone while I was on vacation. I will be sorry come February. Maybe by then Sling will work okay and I will buy one. It's amazing how addicted to TV I've got now that I have PTAT I watch almost every thing on all four networks its ridiculous, I have to speed watch certain shows because I don't have 24 hours to watch TV so some 1hr shows I watch in 15 mins LOL so now I have everything into a 4 hour block except Thursdays and that takes 6 hours LOL. I have learned how to jog on my treadmill while watching tv clean house whole bunch of multitasking. PTAT was a great idea but it has caused me headaches because I don't have to choose anymore I can watch everything. :eek:

Last edited:
This why when mine was installed I got the diagram from you guys. Mine was for three hoppers though and they had no idea how to do it. They wanted to put up another dish and I said do it exactly like the diagram say's and I had to babysit no one touch's my satellite installation without my watching them, otherwise all hell breaks loose. Especially on the old system not so much on the hoppers because they are all straight runs without mirrors except one. But you have to keep on top of these guys and know more about your house and installation then they do to make sure they don't come and screw something up. I realize some are professionals but a lot of them are under trained or new, there is a quick turn around in the satellite game for some reason for installers.

That's why I came up with the diagram myself. I initially had 2H/2J installed, installer was very competent. Since a third Hopper is unheard of by most Dish employees I installed the third one myself. The only major problem I had before they fixed it in software was that sometimes Hoppers wouldn't see each other. They would only see 1 other Hopper. I was told by DIRT to disconnect the third Hopper from the network, but I knew that wasn't the problem, I just knew it was a problem in software. It was crazy. Disconnecting the Hoppers from the Internet fixed it, and immediately after reconnecting Internet the issue came back. Drove me nuts for a short period until S221 when they finally fixed the issue. Haven't had any major issues since then and I wouldn't trade this setup for anything!

OH that is the one thing I miss about the 922 the sling, that was the only thing I wish I could do with my hopper :( People say doesn't work well with the hopper I thought that was so cool being able to watch shows from my Iphone while I was on vacation. I will be sorry come February. Maybe by then Sling will work okay and I will buy one. It's amazing how addicted to TV I've got now that I have PTAT I watch almost every thing on all four networks its ridiculous, I have to speed watch certain shows because I don't have 24 hours to watch TV so some 1hr shows I watch in 15 mins LOL so now I have everything into a 4 hour block except Thursdays and that takes 6 hours LOL. I have learned how to jog on my treadmill while watching tv clean house whole bunch of multitasking. PTAT was a great idea but it has caused me headaches because I don't have to choose anymore I can watch everything. :eek:

I have two Sling Adapters (first one was free, second was $50.) At first it was quite unreliable however with software updates it is very reliable. I watch TV on my iPhone all the time. The only issue is sometimes not all recordings show up, but refreshing will fix most of the time. It's no less reliable than on 722k for me. It's certainly not perfect though, but I love it when it works right.

See that's the problem you really only see people complain never the one's when things work right. So it doesn't make your hopper unstable at all?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

See that's the problem you really only see people complain never the one's when things work right. So it doesn't make your hopper unstable at all?

The Sling Adapters? Naw not at all. Couldn't be happier (other than the usual minor bug fixes, features added. and of course, OTA!)

I swear if they don't give us OTA by November this forum is going to blow up. I have never seen more people upset over one thing. It seems like there are more comments on ota then when dish dropped AMC. Now don't get wrong I have a massive antenna on my house but it's not that big a deal. Unless they give them away for free tomorrow when all those people lose abc, then I will stand in line with my hand out too.

Compared to the 922 the Hopper with Sling Adapter is relatively nominal....we went for several weeks when nothing Sling worked with the 922...a new server number showed up in the address one day and it was like turning on a switch.
Sling has annoyances, quadruple guide menu, double is bad enough. Random channels on startup, having to reload on startup, "No Video Signal", hitting the last or previous button usually fixes that, severely pixilated, reload fixes that; but it has never failed to work for me. Granted it takes some manipulation but I can always get it to work.
I do wish the guide was visible when watching programing, the older version "Dish Remote Access" had that. I solve that by having another window open, takes up space on the screen but solves the problem.
I watch or Sling on a iPhone, PowerBook and a iMac normally.