Tuner Swapping

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
3 way ABC switch, different source input in to the TV, or use a 3 way splitter as signal combiner and then set specific channel for each box but you might need a RF modulator to change one of the channel 3 inputs in to something else so there wont be interference

I dont think u understand what I want...

Here the scenario:

On the 622, 3 things may be recording or on 3 different channels:
Tuner 1 - Show A
Tuner 2 - Show B
Tuner 3 - OTA Show C

Is there a way to switch between whatever tuner.

On Tivo you can press the "Live TV" button to cycle though tuners.

yes it is possible. you need a little breathing room in your available DVR recording time (i.e. have 5-10 hours of HD time remaining).

This is annoying, and cumbersome but it works and i am now acclimated to it and don't think twice (well maybe, because if you don't you screw it up)

This is not really 'rotating between 3 tuners' but close. You have to record two of the Shows even if you don't want them archived. I just delete them when I move on to other programming.

It's probably not worth the trouble to you, but i dig it.

tune to Show A (Sat Tuner 1).
Swap to Sat Tuner 2, tune Show B.
Press Record for Show B.
Type OTA channel number (or search for it in guide), to tune *directly* to the OTA channel for OTA Show C.
Record OTA Show C.

-You are now watching & recording OTA Show C
-You are now recording Sat Show B
-The DVR Buffer is now buffering Sat Show A in background (or on PIP)

When you press Swap, you alternate between OTA Show C (recording) and Sat Show A (buffering). This only allows you to rotate between 2 tuners, Sat Tuner 1 (show A) and OTA Tuner (Show C).

But if you want to see the 3rd show (2nd tuner, Sat Show B), then while viewing OTA Show C (recording), go to DVR List, you will see Sat Show B recording, press "view" after selecting the recording.

Now you are viewing Sat Show B (recording) and can swap to Sat Show A (buffering).

To view OTA Show C (recording), view Sat Show B (recording) first, then go to DVR list, select OTA Show C (recording) and press "view"

confused yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts