tuning a dish 500 for a single receiver.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
i trying to get a signal on a new wally ird with a dish 500 dish and dishpro lnb.i`m using a tracker lite meter and having a hard time finding 119 or 110 ,i`m in the suburbs of new york .i got all the azimuth and elevation numbers off the satellite antenna page.do i need a switch for a single lnb?

i trying to get a signal on a new wally ird with a dish 500 dish and dishpro lnb.i`m using a tracker lite meter and having a hard time finding 119 or 110 ,i`m in the suburbs of new york .i got all the azimuth and elevation numbers off the satellite antenna page.do i need a switch for a single lnb?
In NY, you'd be better off trying to hit the Eastern Arc Sats.

Using Bethpage as a reference point, the settings are

Arc/OrbitalReflectorAzimuthElevationSkew

Wing 61.5D5001754190
Wing 72.7D5001924390

Maybe. Wally was designed to work with at least a Dish Pro Plus LNB. So, with an older Dish Pro LNB, the Wally may not work properly as a dual-tuner receiver. So, you would either need something to convert the Dish Pro to DPP (Dish Pro Plus) or you would need to have Dish set the Wally to single-tuner mode. More info here:

Whenever I see post like this: a DIYer having alignment issues. I can't emphasize enough that whether the dish is on a mast, pole or tripod, the dish collar bolts/nuts need to be snug, but loose enough to allow movement around the pole. If the dish is sitting there flopping around on the pole, you ain't never going to find your signal.

Having said that, not long ago I acquired my first Wally and have spent a little time 'playing' with it. I have tried a DP Twin and a DP Dual LNB (one 'eye' LNB) on my Wally. Both worked, but with issues. The Wally was not happy until I used a DPP Twin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)