Tuning into Galaxy 3/C

Status
Please reply by conversation.

realfungi

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
I'm having problems receiving anything from Galaxy 3/C 95 W. I'm using a Standard LNB, and when on 95 W, I have no signal/Quality at all. Should the LNB be set at 5150, instead of 10750??? Only on 5150 do see some Signal (very low), and no channels can be seen...

Any suggestions?

realfungi said:
I'm having problems receiving anything from Galaxy 3/C 95 W. I'm using a Standard LNB, and when on 95 W, I have no signal/Quality at all. Should the LNB be set at 5150, instead of 10750??? Only on 5150 do see some Signal (very low), and no channels can be seen...

Any suggestions?

you trying to get C or Ku band?

What size dish?

if you are trying to get KU, LO frwequency is 10750
C-Band would be 5150, but you need a bigger dish and a C-band LNBF

I'm using KU Band on a 33" Fortec Star. So I'm not seeing any signal on 10750... What's the deal?

Yes. I definitely have a Standard LNB. (Previously I had stated that I had a Universal one. I guess I need to check my angles I guess...

Are you folks getting the Chinese Channels? CCTV1, CCTV9, etc...

A "standard lnb" has to the the local oscillator set to 10750 and a universal lnb needs to be set to 10600 for high band and 9750 for low band. These numbers have NOTHING to do with the transponder frequency you set when you scan.!!

What the lnb does is it drops the 11 to 12 ghz signal down the the 950Mhz to 1450Mhz your reciever want's to see.

realfungi said:
Yes. I definitely have a Standard LNB. (Previously I had stated that I had a Universal one. I guess I need to check my angles I guess...

Are you folks getting the Chinese Channels? CCTV1, CCTV9, etc...

yep. Booming in here (90+ quality)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)