Turbo charged?

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
I have a VIP211 and I get the you are the you are turbo charged channel but my machine can't be Turbo charged so what gives?

I have a VIP211 and I get the you are the you are turbo charged channel but my machine can't be Turbo charged so what gives?

Perhaps you are confused about the whole "Turbo Charged" thing. ALL VIP receivers have been turbo charged (although not on all channels as of yet to the best of my knowledge). The turbo charging has nothing to do with 1080p, or VOD. They just happened at the same time. The "Turbo Charged" that the screen saver is talking about is the digital encoding scheme used by dish network for HD Channels. The are using Turbo Codes for error correction instead of whatever method they were using before. You can read about Turbo Codes Here: Turbo code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This bassically allows Dish to use less of the avaialable bandwidth for error correction, and more of it for the actual picture. So yes, your ViP 211 has been turbo charged, and is fully capable of being turbo charged.

Essentially, your receiver has been Turbo Charged with a new marketing campaign. It's a software update that coincided with the announcement of the new 100+ HD channel rollout and "TurboHD" packages.... the packaged are actually the same as before, but with different names for new subscribers.

My wife accidently hit the power button while flipping through the chanels. She called me from the other room, yelling that she was turbocharging the system and didn't know what it meant or how to stop it. "Oh no!" I yelled as I hit the power button and turned the tv back on. I was the big hero! Now in our house having the tv turbocharged means "off," as in "Dinners almost ready, why don't you turbocharge the tv."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)