PiP with Vip722

spec1alk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
How do I get the PiP working with the Vip722? Do I need to be in "single mode"? How can I tell what mode I am in? Can I switch back and forth between single and dual mode on the fly? How can I switch modes?

How do I get the PiP working with the Vip722? Do I need to be in "single mode"? How can I tell what mode I am in? Can I switch back and forth between single and dual mode on the fly? How can I switch modes?
User's Manual

You do need to be in Single Mode, because the PiP will use the 2nd tuner. And I believe there is a button on the front panel of the 722 to switch to Single Mode.

EDIT: You will know what mode you're in because the light on the front of the reciever will change, and the display on-screen will say "Single Mode" instead of "Dual Mode" or whatever it's called...

there is a mode button right next to the power button on the receiver itself. you will have to pop open the panel on the right to get to it. the orange light will shift to the left when you put it in sigle mode.

No need for that. If you don't want to answer then don't respond. The information given by the others should answer the OP's question.
The answer was in his reach. Maybe we should just do away with manuals, since no one wants to use them anymore.

Guys, this place has always been a friendly place for people to come get answers, there is no reason to give the old RTFM response. We are better than that.

RTFM, Then if you can't comprehend, then get on here. Sorry, I am really concerned about people who can't use the resources that are provided them.

I would have to agree, While most of us do like to help,and most of the time try to be as polite as can be. But you really should read the manual that came with your 722. You should also read the Terms and agreements as well to avoid a problem in the future. Again reading the manual will teach you just about anything you need to know about your receiver. If you still don't understand something ,Then we're here to help. Enjoy!

It's funny to read this after seeing how much this site has grown in 5 years (from the home page). There are a lot nicer ways to express RTFM to a person new to the site and personally I think lakebum's response was in the spirit of how and why this site has grown. I wouldn't be surprised if the OP was reluctant to ever ask a question here again.

I apologize for not reading the manual first.

Don't be sorry. Just ignore people that post stuff like that. There are plenty of helpful people on this site that would be glad to help you with any question you have. I myself have had people slam me for posting questions, but I don't give a rats A$% what they say. Later:)

I have always said, if one has the propensity for rudeness, a message board is the ideal medium from which it will surface. This thread confirms that. I have always found the majority of posters on this site to be very helpful; we don't need an infiltration of those who aren't.