Turbo HD - Dish America - June 3rd

Bonneville44

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 14, 2010
Colorado
Any more word what (if anything) will happen to these packs on Juen 3rd? They lose HD Theater and Palladia to platinum. The lowewst package is supposed to drop $5 (and sitll include locals) and the silver and gold stay the same price. Any chance silver and gold will gain a channel or two (to replace the 2 they lose)?

If I switched to straight dish family and rode out the contract for the lowest priced package (before June 3rd as this is goign away, too!), would my locals still be in HD?

I switched from DishAmericaSilver (TurboSilver) to AT200 w/HD-Platinum last week. It was so nice to get all those channels that I was missing. I talked to DISH and they sent out a tech for free and updated my 61.5/110/119 to one 1000.4 EA dish so I get all the HD channels, and some SD I was missing. I still am interested in going back to DAS but I will wait until they start adding to it again. I did this before June 3 so I am grandfathered in to the program w/o having to commit or pay any more to switch. And, by subtracting Platinum after the third, I'm hoping to save 10 more bucks.

HD Theater on 5710 and HD locals will work on a SD channel package as long as you have the dish and receiver to support it of course.

I switched from DishAmericaSilver (TurboSilver) to AT200 w/HD-Platinum last week. It was so nice to get all those channels that I was missing. I talked to DISH and they sent out a tech for free and updated my 61.5/110/119 to one 1000.4 EA dish so I get all the HD channels, and some SD I was missing. I still am interested in going back to DAS but I will wait until they start adding to it again. I did this before June 3 so I am grandfathered in to the program w/o having to commit or pay any more to switch. And, by subtracting Platinum after the third, I'm hoping to save 10 more bucks.

What were you paying before, and what are you paying now?

I also have the 61.5/110/119 setup, but was told if I went from 2 dishes to 1 I'd lose some programming.

I was paying 39.99+locals+$5 TV2 connection fee for TurboSilverHD: 51 total
Now I'm paying 54.99 w/locals and HD/Platinum for AT200: 65 total and it will hopefully drop $10 after I drop Platinum @June 3.

The total difference will be around $10, give or take the $5 for TV2 connection fee that I think they readily dropped because I switched to a higher package and out of DishAmericaSilver.

My HD DC/Hagerstown locals are on my current satellites and I did lose the SD for them, but that's it. I gained alot of HD channels, and SD equivalents that I didn't have in the older Turbo package.

They came last week and swapped my old 61.5/110/119 (2-500's) for a 1000.4. for the EA. They even took away my old 500's, one of which they could have just left there unused.

What is the reason this has to be done BEFORE June 3rd?

I understood it that we had to wait until then?!

Well, if you're still in Turbo, I assume everything's fine. But if you wait until after June 3 to switch to anything (AT200 let's say), you will have to agree to a 2 year commitment or pay a $99 one time HD fee (in order to get HD free for life).

My line of thinking was that since they seem intent on keeping the Turbo packages, I probably can switch back if they start adding to it, but I don't want to commit to them for 2 years again, so I better switch now, drop Platinum, and then wait.

Plus, it's finally nice to get all those channels everyone's been talking about for the last year!;)

Can someone provide an information source for Palladia and HD Theater being dropped from Dish America after June 3?

Of course the online Dish reps say they know nothing about June 3 (arghhhh).

Last edited:
I'm not sure which thread, but Scott confirmed it to me that they'd be platinum only. The original info was in the Team Summit thread I believe.

pretty much a bum deal, especially for the silver and gold dish america subs. Their price just stays the same and no one can tell me if they are getting any new channels there to make it worth keeping (or getting) at that price.

Can someone provide an information source for Palladia and HD Theater being dropped from Dish America after June 3?

Of course the online Dish reps say they know nothing about June 3 (arghhhh).

On June 4 the Dish CSR's will still be unaware of the June 3rd changes!

Hasn't been a good day for this DA Gold sub. I've actually been watching Palladia and HD Theater quite a bit lately and only stumbled upon the 6/3 news today.

Thinking that maybe the time was finally right for me to cave and switch to AT250/HD/Platinum, I chatted with CSR who told me I'd get all the channels with my current setup. So I went ahead with the change only to discover that I was missing all those new HD channels on the new satellite. Next CSR happily told me $95 would get me the needed dish (arghhhhh) or I could switch back to DA Gold for $5 (which I did).

Don't you love Dish?

So I went ahead with the change only to discover that I was missing all those new HD channels on the new satellite. Next CSR happily told me $95 would get me the needed dish (arghhhhh) or I could switch back to DA Gold for $5 (which I did).
IMHO the "right" answer is to switch to AT250 + HD/Platinum AND get an upgraded dish for free.

Hasn't been a good day for this DA Gold sub. I've actually been watching Palladia and HD Theater quite a bit lately and only stumbled upon the 6/3 news today.

Thinking that maybe the time was finally right for me to cave and switch to AT250/HD/Platinum, I chatted with CSR who told me I'd get all the channels with my current setup. So I went ahead with the change only to discover that I was missing all those new HD channels on the new satellite. Next CSR happily told me $95 would get me the needed dish (arghhhhh) or I could switch back to DA Gold for $5 (which I did).

Don't you love Dish?

I loved them so much I cancelled and got DirecTV. Now I'm happy. The end.

Agreed, without a commitment. But is this at all possible? I doubt it.
Dish policies are so arcane, different people are treated differently. I (and a few others around here) got a free upgrade through executive resolutions (the ceo address). Others got a free upgrade after receiving a letter. Others either had the DHPP and paid $15, or added it and paid $15 + $6 + $25 to remove it again. Still others got to remove it right away for nothing. Did I cover everybody? No, I forgot the $95 fee without DHPP.

Don't you love Dish?

The antenna upgrade is free if you wait until contacted by E* or get the right CSR. Find the thread about the antenna upgrades with the 800 number to call or PM me and I'll provide it to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts