Turbo HD for Existing Subs?

tws101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Rumor
I was told that if it came down to losing the account dish would make an excepion and let an existing sub have turbo HD as long as the sub has only mpeg 4 receivers?

I was told this happened on 8/9 is their any truth to this?

I just called and asked dish about the turbo HD. The guy said it was only for new subscribers. I would imagine you could update your current programming.

My source say after being transfered to cancelations. The cancelation agent called someone or did something to allow Turbo HD. I am still wodering if this is true has anyone canceled over it?

I suspect they will be willing to give you it as an UPGRADE, but not as a downgrade. Cancelation department might be willing to give it to you anyway.

I suspect they will be willing to give you it as an UPGRADE, but not as a downgrade.
I could see it offered as a "downgrade" as some people cancel or want to scale back for $$$ reasons. I know the local Time Warner has a low-end RoadRunner package for people who call to cancel their RR service, but this package isn't advertised anywhere. And for a long time, they wouldn't mention their "basic" cable package, i.e. channels 2-25 or so, unless you knew specifically to ask for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)