Turbo HD... Only HD Channels?

leejp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
I might jump to one of the Turbo HD packages but only if KBS World (SD Channel 652) is available with them.

So Do the Turbo HD packages include other channels or are they truly HD only?

According to Dish, KBS America is Available in:

A LA CARTE-KBS WORLD
AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK
AMERICA'S TOP 100
AMERICA'S TOP 100 PLUS
AMERICA'S TOP 100 PLUS (WITH LOCALS)
AMERICA'S TOP 200
AMERICA'S TOP 250
DISH LATINO EVERYTHING PAK
DISH Latino Plus w/Playboy Espanol
DISHHD BRONZE
DISHHD GOLD
DISHHD SILVER
DISHLATINO HD GOLD PB
DishLATINO Dos w/Playboy Espanol
DishLATINO Max w/Playboy Espanol
DishLATINO w/Playboy Espanol
KOREAN VARIETY PACK
PUBLIC INTEREST CHANNELS

My folks have TurboHD silver and channel 652 is not listed. The only SD channels available with the TurboHD packages are the SD versions of HD channels and locals that do not have a SD version.

You can get other SD channels on TurboHD packages with the equivilant Top xxx added-on, for a nominal fee as they say! lol

My folks have TurboHD silver and channel 652 is not listed. The only SD channels available with the TurboHD packages are the SD versions of HD channels and locals that do not have a SD version.

You can get other SD channels on TurboHD packages with the equivilant Top xxx added-on, for a nominal fee as they say! lol

Channel 652 is not listed for most people with HD Turbo because it is only available via 61.5, 118.7 or 148 ie 3 sats that are used for international programing and a few locals DMA too.

To receive that channel you need to have a wing dish installed and unless you subscribing to international package or your locals happen to come from 61.5 or 118.7 E* is not going to install the wing dish for free for you when you order Turbo HD.

I have the HD Absolute and the 61.5 dish. I checked and I receive channel 652 in the clear. Also, I get a bunch of shopping channels and a bunch of public interest channels in SD also. I only watch HD channels, so none of them are of any interest to me. Someone listed all the channels that the HD packages get in another thread. Do a search.

I have the HD Absolute and the 61.5 dish. I checked and I receive channel 652 in the clear. Also, I get a bunch of shopping channels and a bunch of public interest channels in SD also. I only watch HD channels, so none of them are of any interest to me. Someone listed all the channels that the HD packages get in another thread. Do a search.

Most people do not have wing dish installed as it is only needed for locals in some area and most people do not want 2 dishes.

For example there is 6 HD RSN on 61.5 including NESN and SNY which you can only get with 61.5 as those 6 HD RSN are not on Western Arc as E* fell people on west coast do not need those channels which are included in "Multi Sports Pack". Pentagon channel is free and clear to everyone and is only available on 118.7 or 61.5 too. There are like 10 Public interest channels not on the any of main satellites which are all free and clear if you have a wing dish installed.

I am not saying any of those public interest channels are any thing worthwhile requiring which would require installing 61.5 wing dish. Just stating those channels are free and clear to everyone with a dish sub.

First thing I did was to do a search...

I did a search and it's not immediately obvious what channels one gets with what packages with the latest programming churns.

My Dish Network installation gets the following Satellites (2 dish setup with 1 big parabolic dish).

119, 110, 61.5 and 121

My present programming package is America's Top 250 with locals ($59.99) + Gold HD ($10) and I get KBS World on both channel 652 and 9850.

If I switch to Turbo HD Gold ($39.95) + Locals ($5), I could knock $15 off by bill. I would not miss any of the SD channels that I presently get. The kids would miss Nickelodeon but they go back to school this week and there's no TV on school nights at my household so this is no big disaster.

However, we do watch a lot of KBS World. So I'm wondering if KBS World get dropped along with other SD channels in the Turbo HD Gold package.

If a kind soul with a Turbo HD package only would check 652 and 9850, I could verify this.