Turbo HD Packages any updates?

I still have Absolute-HD and I am looking to upgrade, but there is NO package even close to what I already have that wouldnt cost twice as much.

I want to change but I am afraid that I would lose my grandfathered Absolute-HD.

I even refrained from combining my Dish and phone service because they couldnt guarantee me that I would still keep my programming without picking Turbo Gold.

So I guess we wait until August and see what shakes out.

I got me my first HDTV in my life last month and I sign up for Dish HD and I love it. I been watching more TV.

But I dont want to go back to SD. I will never watch regular DVD also. I waited till it comes on blu-ray.

So, what is going now with the Dish HD? I cant believe what I am reading here. Who really wants SD anymore?

I find that dvd looks quite good in my blur-ray player upconverted to 1080p. In the next 5 years, I predict most if not all major cable nets will be in hd , so you won't have to watch sd much in the future. Consider in 2003 we had about 5-7 hd channels through DISH and now I have 45 regular hd national channels , not counting the 23 or so premium movie channels you can get in hd now. So the future will bring even more hd channels. We might even have a real 100 hd channels, that people can really watch, not counting pay per views ,sports packs etc.

I find that dvd looks quite good in my blur-ray player upconverted to 1080p. In the next 5 years, I predict most if not all major cable nets will be in hd , so you won't have to watch sd much in the future. Consider in 2003 we had about 5-7 hd channels through DISH and now I have 45 regular hd national channels , not counting the 23 or so premium movie channels you can get in hd now. So the future will bring even more hd channels. We might even have a real 100 hd channels, that people can really watch, not counting pay per views ,sports packs etc.

I'm not sure I'm aware of any major cable nets that aren't already in HD. Which ones are you thinking about?

I'm not sure I'm aware of any major cable nets that aren't already in HD. Which ones are you thinking about?

LEts see....the following channels come to mind.

Tvland
Fine living
Style
Diy
History international
E channel
Oxygen
We
Amc
IFc
Tcm
Fox movies
BBCA
Mtv2
vh1 classics
GAC
Hallmark
Soapnet
Chiller
Headline news
Cnbc West
Tru channel
ION east/west
Encore movie pack

I think we just have a different definition of major.

Okay let me rephrase this so you can comprehend what I was going for.

ALL other networks in the regular programming packs, like Classic Bronze /silver/gold , that intend to have an audience in the next 5 years , should be in hd. We are talking about the hd transition , which is the biggest one since black and white programs went to color . IF you want to keep people's eyes glued to your channels , you will have to go HD , or be left behind. That is what I meant by MAJOR. I don't think that the channels I listed above want to relegated to minor viewer status in the next 5 years.

So there will be no real need for stand alone hd packs in the future because when all the channels I listed above go hd , all your channels in your programming packs will be hd anyway. Turbo hd stand alone packs are fine for when you have a few hd channels , not when hd is the Norm , which is starting to happen now.

LEts see....the following channels come to mind.

Tvland
Fine living
Style
Diy
History international
E channel
Oxygen
We
Amc
IFc
Tcm
Fox movies
BBCA
Mtv2
vh1 classics
GAC
Hallmark
Soapnet
Chiller
Headline news
Cnbc West
Tru channel
ION east/west
Encore movie pack

Interesting choice of "major" but even so:

AMC HD exists, TCM HD exists, BBC America HD rolls out in July, CNBC HD exists, Headline news would be nice but CNN HD exists.

Interesting choice of "major" but even so:

AMC HD exists, TCM HD exists, BBC America HD rolls out in July, CNBC HD exists, Headline news would be nice but CNN HD exists.

AGAIN when I said major networks , I meant any network that expects to have an audience in the next 5 years will have to be in HD or they won't be watched. The channels I listed in the above post are straight out of the regular classic packs that are in sd. IF they go hd there will be no need for stand alone hd packs because all the channels in the existing classic packs will HD anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)