Turbo in Friends Name?

Mister B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
El Paso County Texas
I have been reading how hard or impossible it is to get the Turbo HD only package as a previous customer. I have a friend who is willing to let me set it up in his name and even told me his ss# for a credit check. What he does not want to do is give out any credit card numbers.
Would I have a problem calling up and posing as my friend, say I live at my own address and giving the ss # but no credit card numbers for paper billing. Is there any chance the installer would ask for identification. If I agree to a commitment would any money be due at the time of installation?
It is ridiculous to have to go through this routine, as others have said it is hard to believe any company is turning away potential customers at this time.
Thanks for the information, I would rather not get on the phone and be asked for information I can not answer.

Be patient and wait til February when current subscribers can switch. For your friend, not a wise game to play.

It's hard to get Turbo HD if you were a previous customer?? I called up today, re-signed up for Dish (Turbo HD Gold), and was offered a VIP722 for free plus HBO/Cinemax free for 3 months. (pay $50 for the 722 upfront, have a $50 credit on my first bill = free).

I was a previous customer...canceled in June of this year. The CSR didn't blink an eye...offered the promo, and I accepted. The only hook is I had to sign a 2yr contract. Fair enough.

I had no idea it should have been "nearly impossible" for me to get TurboHD as a previous customer. It was so easy...

It was just an idea

I am sure you guys are right. It would be better to wait or try to get it in my own name. Also, there is the matter of the phone line, if connected would give caller ID to my number which they already have on file.
Oh, what a tangled web we weave when at first..........

Contact CEO@dishnetwork,ask if they can help you get the HD package.My nieghbors did this after I told them to contact.CSRs usually dont have the authority (or passcode) to by pass this in their system as the CEO office is able to_Overall be polite in your email and they will auctually reponde better.

Contact CEO@dishnetwork,ask if they can help you get the HD package.My nieghbors did this after I told them to contact.CSRs usually dont have the authority (or passcode) to by pass this in their system as the CEO office is able to_Overall be polite in your email and they will auctually reponde better.

I did the e-mail to CEO@dishnetwork.com and they called and switched me the same day.......just write a POLITE e-mail expressing your desire to take advantage of the all- HD packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts