TurboHD Bronze package

diwa

Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
New York
Hello World,

I never used any satillite TV service before, and I wonder how many channels one could get from Dish network's TurboHD Bronze package?

Dish network's official web site: www <dot > dishnetwork <dot > com/turbohd/programming/default <dot> aspx says "... over 50 channels ...", but it only list about 26 HD channels under TurboHD Bronze. What about the rest of the channels?

On some other authorized Dish Network retailer's website, for the same package, it says "....receive 24 high-definition channels...."

Can anyone advise the total number of channels included Turbo Bronze package? Is it 50 or 26? In addition to the monthly $29.99 fee, will there be any other common monthly fees for this package?

Other comments about this package are also welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bronze (w/ 24 month commite $9.99 first 6 months, $29.99 next 18 months)
You get:
25 HD Nationals: A&E HD, ABC Family, Cartoon Network, CNBC HD, CNN HD, Discovery Channel HD, Disney Channel HD, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, ESPNEWS HD, Food Network HD, FoxNews HD (If you are lucky), HD Theater, HDNet, HGTV HD, History Channel HD, Lifetime, Palladia, Sci Fi Channel HD, TBS in HD, TLC HD, TNT HD, Travel Channel HD, USA HD, Weather Channel HD
15 HD PPV
10-ish HD VOD

(plus a handful of SD Shopping Channels, SD PI Channels, Dish's SD Free Preivew Channels (this month - VS, We, and Fox News), SD PPV, and the SD channel to go with the several of the HD channels listed above - such as ESPN SD)

This would be the "50" in the bronze. to get your RSN you will need to go up to the Turbo Silver pack. Add in your local networks in HD for the extra $5 a month (if available in your market - otherwise they would most likely be in SD). If you want the DVR receiver, then you will have to add $5.98 (I think). If you do both the locals and the DVR, go for what they call Dish DVR Advantage and get both for a dollar less, $1/month over the year is 12 bucks, can go get a pizza with it.

From there you can add another 7 "HD" channels (Universal HD, MGM HD, CI, HDNet Movies, NHL, NBA, WFN) in the platinum pack for $10. Of course, if you want to spend that extra $10, you could also go to Silver and (for now) get 8 more channels (Animal Planet, Bravo, CBS College, Golf, Lifetime Movie, NFL Net, ToonDisney, and WGN) plus your part time Regional Sports Net(s) if they are available in your area.

BTW, Welcome to Sat Guys... hope that helps some!

Bronze (w/ 24 month commite $9.99 first 6 months, $29.99 next 18 months)

I think it's $9.99 first 6 months, then $29.99 if they don't raise their monthly fee again before the end of 6 months. I don't think there is any assurance of $29.99 for 18 months.

I just signed up for Bronze HD for $24.95. Then after one month the price jumped to $29.99.

I think it's $9.99 first 6 months, then $29.99 if they don't raise their monthly fee again before the end of 6 months. I don't think there is any assurance of $29.99 for 18 months.

I just signed up for Bronze HD for $24.95. Then after one month the price jumped to $29.99.

Dish usually changes their rates every February.

In getting the DVR Advantage how much do you pay for the DVR? Is it a one time payment or a lease? Does the payment differ from a SD to a HD DVR? Thanks,Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts