Turn off tv with remote

browerjs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Beavercreek, OH
Is there anyway to turn off the satellite box (VIP722) and the television with the same button on the standard remote? I don't want to have to push TV power and the regular power.

I also don't need a remote with macro's (I already have 4 harmony's but with this TV I want to use the standard remote).

I never turn off the satellite box manually. After a while, it goes into standby.

Right, but I'm using this tv in conjunction with an HDMI splitter. The other output goes to my projector. So if I turn off the tv, then go to the projector before it automatically goes into standby, since I use a harmony, then when the activity starts, the box will actually turn off and not on.

Can you say super lazy? ;) Just kidding. No there is not a way with the standard remote to make this happen.

There is not a way to turn on both the TV and 722 with one button on the Dish remote. I would remove the Sat. Receiver "on" command from the macro on the Harmony. Since the 722 is always powered on (even when it is "off"), there is no reason to turn if off using the remote. It will still automatically shut down daily to do guide/software updates.

Right, but I'm using this tv in conjunction with an HDMI splitter. The other output goes to my projector. So if I turn off the tv, then go to the projector before it automatically goes into standby, since I use a harmony, then when the activity starts, the box will actually turn off and not on.
Sounds like you need to program the "Discreet on" and "Discreet Off" commands into your harmony remote so it will always put the box in the correct mode (on or off) and won't depend on what the receiver is set to when you start an activity. If you look in the remote manual for your dish network receiver it explains how to send the discreet on and discreet off commands so a learning remote can learn it. Best of luck to you.

Is there anyway to turn off the satellite box (VIP722) and the television with the same button on the standard remote? I don't want to have to push TV power and the regular power.
After reading this and the rest of the posts here, just tell her to press the TV power button on the satellite remote.

Then you don't have to worry about the Sat turning off, since it really doesn't turn 'off' and you only have one button to press to be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)