Turning off a radio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iwannarock1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Stern nation
I've read pages deep on this thread that if you turn off a radio, and the radio doesn't receive the "turn off signal" that they send out for a day or 2 it keeps going, so I gave it a try. I cancelled the subscription to my 2nd vehicle's radio, and that car sat in the garage for several days after that. When I drove it again, that radio is still on with a full subscription working, and has been for over 6 months of daily use. So next time it's time to renew your service, why not just D/C the power to your radio for a few days and call and cancel service, and when you power it back on you should be good to go. Just a tip that worked for me.....
And no I don't feel guilty because they're getting plenty of money out of me for my subscription including Howard Stern, and my mobile app.

I purchased a new car back last August and switched the account over to the new car after the complimentary free 3 month service ended. The sub stopped after a month or 2 in the old car which I still drive when the roads are snow and ice covered. Probably after a free preview ends I imagine they would send a fresh turn off signal to all non subscribed radios.

My brother had an older Sirius radio that could be put into the car with a kit. After he shut off his service he had it sitting in a drawer for a couple of years. He gave it to me and asked if I wanted to use it. I took it home and hooked it up and it worked for years without a subscription. I ended up selling it on eBay.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts