Turning on Caller ID with 622VIP?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mtsmylie

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Twin Falls, ID
I've had the 622 for the last couple months with the Platinum package, and finally "moved" to a new location where I get HD Locals that are to die for (Thanks, Iceberg!).

But one thing I realized last night is that our Caller ID has never worked since getting the system. It worked fine on the 522 we had previously, but has never worked with the new system.

I poked around the menus and couldn't find anywhere to turn Caller ID on/off, so am stumped. What am I missing?

phoneline plugged in whilst you have "moved" somewhere else. Not saying the audit team is looking, but the info is there if they care to.

Yeah, but from everything I've read here, no one's ever gotten called on it, and if they do, I can always blame a non-existant VoiP box.

Plus, it's worth risking it to avoid the no-phoneline charge, methinks.

If your caller ID doesn't work after turning it on, call DISH. They had a problem with onthe 622's when they first came out. Nobody's worked and they kept giving excuses about US having a problem with the lines, etc. They finally did a software download and miraculously, everybody's started working on the same day. They just don't want to admit a problem or mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)