TV 2 Channels on 622

bcrissman

Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Hi all,

I have been thinking about switching from Adelphia to E* but had a question that I'm sure to all of you experts will be trivial. On the TV hooked up to TV 2 will I be able to see all channels I subscribe to? What does the Ch. 21-69 label under the TV 2 coax output actually mean?

Thanks!
Brian

Welcome :welcome:

Yes lets say you set it to channel 69, you would hook a cable from the 622 to tune your TV to channel 69 and then you would see your picture from the 622, and using the TV 2 remote would be able to watch TV and all the channels you subscribe without interupting what someones watching on TV1. :)

It means you can choose any channel between 21 and 69 in system setup, and tune your remote TV to the selected channel.

TV2 will not get OTA digital locals, those go to TV1 only when in dual mode. But TV2 will get all the satellite channels including HD which will be downconverted.

Great news! Thanks guys, it's what I thought but I wanted to be clear. I think I may wait until I can save my pennies for the Sammy DLP I want to get before switching, but this is great info.

Looks like you question has been answered, but just wanted to add that I switched from Adelphia to Dish about a year and half ago - Dish has been soooooo much better in everyway!!!

Not sure how waiting is gonna help you save your pennies for that DLP, though:
I started with 522's since I didn't have an HD TV at the time, then traded up to a 622 after I got the HD TV. My monthly bill went down when I switched to Dish (even with the added cost of DVR service), so it did not impede my ability to get the new HDTV and upgrade to Dish HDBronze later on.
Guess it just depends what service you had on Adelphia and what you're planning on for Dish. I went from Adelphia's digital package (don't recall the name) to Dish AT60 initially. A few less channels but nothing I really missed - don't even recall which ones they were.

Last edited:
Pepper said:
It means you can choose any channel between 21 and 69 in system setup, and tune your remote TV to the selected channel.

TV2 will not get OTA digital locals, those go to TV1 only when in dual mode. But TV2 will get all the satellite channels including HD which will be downconverted.

But the workaround is to start a recording of the OTA and simply watch it from the DVR a second or more later.

And as some have mentioned, but others seem not to get, channel 21-69 is the output channel of TV2 that you can send to TV2. This signal is a strong signal and not the usual TV3/4 one that you may recall on a VCR, which was weak. The receiver even comes with a pad to reduce the signal, if needed. You run this instead of A/V cables to TV2. TV2 tunes to this channel, then the remote 2 tunes the TV2 tuner inside the receiver.

well, would there be any difference in the actual Dish if I start with SD and move to HD? I've seen on these boards that I'd need a Dish 1000 for HD content, would that be a problem to have switched out if need be?

Pepper said:

Actually you can enable TV1 output to the home distribution coax, and then your Remote tv can tune in either TV1 or TV2. :cool:

bcrissman said:
well, would there be any difference in the actual Dish if I start with SD and move to HD? I've seen on these boards that I'd need a Dish 1000 for HD content, would that be a problem to have switched out if need be?

Not sure what the current deal is, but when I added HD, they installed the second dish at no extra charge (If I had lived in a Dish 1000 compatible area, they would have switched my 500 for a 1000 for free). I just paid a $299 fee (it's lower now) for the new receiver. Since you've been reading the boards, I assume you know that whether you need a second dish (usually a 500) or can replace the existing dish with a 1000 depends of your geographical location.

hmmm - if you're planning on upgrading in the future, I wonder if you could just request a 1000 for the initial install (at no extra charge of course). Doesn't hurt to ask!

bcrissman said:

If you have a Dish500 you are looking at 110 and 119. Dish has HD programming on 110 and mirrors 129/61.5. You will either have to swap the Dish500 for a Dish 1000 to get 110, 119 and 129, or add another dish pointed at either 129 or 61.5.

In my case Dish replaced my Dish 500 with a Dish 1000. I was not satisfied with the wobbly reception from 129, so I bought another Dish 500 with a Dish pro dual LNB and aimed one of the eyes at 61.5. Now I have 61.5, 110, 119, and 129 through a DPP44 switch.

Thanks guys! Lots of great information, now I just need to help my wife understand that DISH will be cheaper than our current cable setup. I think she'll come around :-D

The Mystery of 61.5 TP's 20 and 22 is Solved

Diplexer For DPP-44-500 Switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)