TV 2 fee$5 for 722?

dewzan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
Iowa
my nephew called and said he has a $5 fee for tv2 on his bill this month. all he has is a 722k, are they charging a fee on dual tuners now or is this an error?

I'm guessing they have had dish for quite some time? It's a fee that used to be charged if no phone line connected, but it's no longer charged. I was under the impression they quit charging it altogether in 2013 but guess there are a couple stragglers

Doesn't seem like it would have showed up this month - is he sure he hasn't been paying it all along? (Shouldn't be there either way unless they have revived the fee!)

Reactions: garys
I can't possibly imagine them bringing that fee back ever. There was some extreme disgust for that fee from a lot of people(e players not customers). I'm wondering if the fee might be labeled something else towards something else. But I cannot see the original fee ever ever ever coming back.

OP, the "Whys" are curious and fuel for endless speculation, but not the issue...IT being getting it removed from his bill via Dirt.

Just call in and say "I don't want to pay this fee anymore, since it stopped gettin changed in 2009 and removed from every other bill in 2013

Just call in and say "I don't want to pay this fee anymore, since it stopped gettin changed in 2009 and removed from every other bill in 2013

Exactly. For some reason, it is still on some accounts (I saw one today with it). It can't be proactively removed by an agent, but if the customer complains about it, it can be removed.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way, shape, or form.

Reactions: ChadT41
It's called extra revenue for DISH, till someone actually figures it out and calls them on it. IF it weren't for this web board I wouldn't know half of what DISH is doing when it comes to all their different FEES sprinkled over their various classes of receivers. I have always thought that DISH should get rid of all their older receivers -at their cost & pay to upgrade the older accounts - and reduce down to just a couple of receivers and standardize the fees and get rid of all the ambiguity about it. It does nothing but add confusion ,but then again this is how they make the extra money. If you are to confused to know what DISH is charging , they continue to make extra money off of you.

I can't possibly imagine them bringing that fee back ever. There was some extreme disgust for that fee from a lot of people(e players not customers). I'm wondering if the fee might be labeled something else towards something else. But I cannot see the original fee ever ever ever coming back.
During my tenure as a tech, I cannot count how many install jobs I lost because of that fee.
At one point Dish was trying to force techs into installing phone lines free of charge.
The contractor techs were like "screw you. We're not the telephone company"... Dish added this stupid fee.. It would really piss some people off to the point where they would cancel the job....

Reactions: TheKrell
I didn't think it was that big of a fee. It all depends on how it was worded to customers. At that time it was $5 to have a dual tuner which was the same cost for having two receivers with DirecTV. I always thought of it as a nice way to save money by just connecting a phone line. Eventually it turned into everyone just expecting a dual tuner to have no extra fee and thinking of the connection fee as a screw.

Reactions: ChadT41
I didn't think it was that big of a fee. It all depends on how it was worded to customers. At that time it was $5 to have a dual tuner which was the same cost for having two receivers with DirecTV. I always thought of it as a nice way to save money by just connecting a phone line. Eventually it turned into everyone just expecting a dual tuner to have no extra fee and thinking of the connection fee as a screw.
Kind of like when BB@H dropped the disc service and still charged $10 for just the channels, even though the channels alone were $10 before the disc service was added at no cost.

Kind of like when BB@H dropped the disc service and still charged $10 for just the channels, even though the channels alone were $10 before the disc service was added at no cost.

Thank you for finally being the one to say it. All they did was take away an added benefit that they never charged more for. And to sum the value up on it as well, it has since grown in the movie library part as well. Plus, 99% of the time you can get it 50% off anywho.

I've had the BB@home service a couple of times for free or 1/2 price and the only channels that I really watched were the Epix channels. The rest were boring and the same crap could play on any of them interchangeably. But even the Epix channels became redundant after about a week. The same crap plays over and over each day. It reminded me of the Voom channels before they bit the dust. Even though you can buy just the Epix channels ala cart for $7.00 a month, they aren't really worth it.

There is no way any of the movie channels can offer new movies constantly throughout the week. They'd run out of movies to quickly. 1 new movie a week is plenty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)